Siuslaw salmon

Markk
Markk
I know its a bit early...I don't know if I can wait!:)

hobster
hobster
Winter steel?

hobster
hobster
eugene1 said:

Yeah, I want to get my hands on some salmon this year, I missed out on last year and it was pretty good from what I hear. I'd like to try Siltcoos for some silvers also :D

F
fishingduck
There is a rumor that they are coming in and out with the tide...any truth to that rumor?

F
Fish-On
I hear the fish are showing up early and its going to be an epic year.

1 nut in the water
Its still prime crawdad hunting time!!

E
eugene1
fishingduck said:
There is a rumor that they are coming in and out with the tide...any truth to that rumor?

Think that's true for the Umpy. The slaw fishes later.

O
OnTheDrop
I'd start on the Slaw the 19th of August if I was a troller... Just seems like a good day to start :)

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Aaaaah No fish on the slaw this year sorry, maybe try the river next store! :lol:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
as of Monday, the Siuslaw from Cushman down to CG is very turbid, full of suspended brownish stuff. my guess is a combination of low water flow and several weeks of high gusty winds just churning it up...water temp swinging widely with tide as ocean water floods in- it was 66F at 101 bridge 2 hours after low and dropped as low as 46F as high was approaching, up at the RR bridge just after high tide it was 58F. if I was a chinook salmon, I would hang in the ocean a while longer, maybe poking my nose into the jaws but not staying there very long yet...cheers, roger

Markk
Markk
rogerdodger said:
as of Monday, the Siuslaw from Cushman down to CG is very turbid, full of suspended brownish stuff. my guess is a combination of low water flow and several weeks of high gusty winds just churning it up...water temp swinging widely with tide as ocean water floods in- it was 66F at 101 bridge 2 hours after low and dropped as low as 46F as high was approaching, up at the RR bridge just after high tide it was 58F. if I was a chinook salmon, I would hang in the ocean a while longer, maybe poking my nose into the jaws but not staying there very long yet...cheers, roger
Thanks for the report. How was the quality of your bait? We went on the Umpqua on Sunday saw 2 caught but we didn't touch a fish. Fished between the bridge and buoy 17. Lots of other boats. There was a ton of vegetation in the water. I struggled with our bait...did not like the quality. I wont make it out this weekend but will be on the Slaw the following weekend. can't wait!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Markk said:
Thanks for the report. How was the quality of your bait? We went on the Umpqua on Sunday saw 2 caught but we didn't touch a fish. Fished between the bridge and buoy 17. Lots of other boats. There was a ton of vegetation in the water. I struggled with our bait...did not like the quality. I wont make it out this weekend but will be on the Slaw the following weekend. can't wait!

bait was fine, just not really any fish in the river to target and lots of vegetation in the water. I was running standard herring/BigAl OFF on one rod and a variety of large spinners off the other...I think some fish are getting caught now and then in the jaws but bar restrictions have limited that, yesterday they were keeping everyone under 30' back from A4 bouy, looks like today the restriction is on less than 20'.

I am looking forward to that last weekend of August, actually the Mon-Wed after it are my next planned outings..cheers, roger