September fishing trip need advise

S
Splice13
Hey there everyone I'm new to the forum here but I figure this will be the best place to get some solid advice. I will be heading to Gold beach here in September for my first vacation in about 5 years. Woohooo 7 days of fishinng is what im planning from Sept. 12-19 on the Rouge river around Huntley Park (where I will be camping). There is one small issue I have never fished for salmon or surf fished at all, I will be bank fishing and have read up on what type of rods and reals I need and have baught some 10 foot ugly sticks along with some Pflueger Presedent reals and slapped on some 55lb braid on them already. Also I have done my reading on plunking with a Spin-n-Glow rig with a Brads kwikfish on a top leader. Now my question is, There are 100 different models of Spin-n-glows and Brads Kwik fish, are there any certian colors I should buy or stick with also whats a goot scent or bait to strap to it? Also a big thing I've seen is the different weight pyramid sinker to use what to you guys recommend at the lower mouth of the Rouge because as I understand that is where i want to be fishing at from the bank. Also any other advice for while I am there would be great I would love to have some good fish storys when I come back and not well I went fishing for 7 days and caught nothing lol.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome aboard! I am not a fishing guru, by any means, so I won't OFFer fishing advise. The best advise I can give you is to read the archives here on the forum. Check the locations as well as your targeted species. Best of fishing to you, hope you take some monsters home with you. Don't forget to pick up your license, it is spendy, but the ticket is much more and they will take your gear as well.

S
Splice13
Thank you for the welcome, and yes I plan on getting a license lol no need to lose all of my stuff.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Splice13 said:
Hey there everyone I'm new to the forum here but I figure this will be the best place to get some solid advice. I will be heading to Gold beach here in September for my first vacation in about 5 years. Woohooo 7 days of fishinng is what im planning from Sept. 12-19 on the Rouge river around Huntley Park (where I will be camping). There is one small issue I have never fished for salmon or surf fished at all, I will be bank fishing and have read up on what type of rods and reals I need and have baught some 10 foot ugly sticks along with some Pflueger Presedent reals and slapped on some 55lb braid on them already. Also I have done my reading on plunking with a Spin-n-Glow rig with a Brads kwikfish on a top leader. Now my question is, There are 100 different models of Spin-n-glows and Brads Kwik fish, are there any certian colors I should buy or stick with also whats a goot scent or bait to strap to it? Also a big thing I've seen is the different weight pyramid sinker to use what to you guys recommend at the lower mouth of the Rouge because as I understand that is where i want to be fishing at from the bank. Also any other advice for while I am there would be great I would love to have some good fish storys when I come back and not well I went fishing for 7 days and caught nothing lol.

When you get there head to the Rogue Outdoor Store right off of HWY 101 in Gold Beach. The owner is a great guy and will set you up with exactly what you need, and some advice on where to go. The half pound steelhead fishing should be epic as it's currently over 500% above the 10 year average. Fall kings will also still be going strong, and the silvers will just be showing up down there.