SAT. March 14th

F
fishnquest
:shock:I'm shocked. I thought sure you guys were gonna get into 'em. Just goes to show ya, no guarantees in fishing...

F
Fishydog
Pix of wet, soggy, fishless fisherman coming up...
The great GraphiteZen

...and the great Ninja2010

It looks like snow but it's just the flash bouncing OFF the huge rain drops. Even though no one caught any fish it was a good adventure with you guys and gal. Got to explore and play in some waters I haven't been on since I was a kid. And Jimmy(Ninja) got to see the coast for the first time. On top of all that our gracious host Kodia gave me some free spinners to try out. I would go fishing with you guys anytime. Next time though maybe you could drive up to the willy for springers though

Doug

Last edited:
H
hookdanook
Bummer

Bummer

I'm sorry no one caught any fish yesturday. I would of gone but I was feeling horrible and standing in the rain all day didn't seem like a wise idea unless I wanted pneumonia. I hope you all had a good time and again I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you all.

I will be starting a springer expedition with kodiak sometime next month. Lets all get together again and try and slay some fishies. Maybe we can start a monthly fishing club of some sort and we can start showing each other our favorite fishing holes or something. Anywho good day all. Happy Fishing!

Y
youngbuck307
Man i want to get in on some fishing action with you guys you all seem like you really know what your doing and i bet i could learn a lot just hope i would be able to keep up with you guys, i know how to fish and all just know im not as good as you all are....

N
ninja2010
well, hell yeah, i had soooo much fun... okay no fish is kinda a downer, but i thoroughly enjoyed the outing.

first off, thanks very much kodiak - for organizing and getting everyone together like this. it was precious. OFFers should do this more often, and i know we will. and many thanks to fishydog for all the driving (we car pooled).

and the best part - meeting all the guys, and putting faces to the weird screennames - fishydog, kodiak, graphite zen, lechner, commodore s (sorry if i missed anyone, and sorry, i don't remember all your real names) - and making new friends who have the same crazy passion that brings us all to this forum.

yeah, the day was brutal - cold and wet. yeah, the fishgods gave us the middle finger. yeah, we burned a lot of gas. but, hey, i got to see the oregon coast for the first time. i got to put 2 more new rivers under my belt - now i've fished seven rivers just this year alone. and i got to fish with some of the best fellas in the sport.

on top of it all, kodiak is a very, very generous teacher. he has taught me more in a day than i have tried to read about in 2 years. yup, reading water is not a science but if you don't know what to read, then you're not fishing the right spots. and that sure don't help none...

and i got to actually see steelies in the water (okay some of them were in the trap) and it was awesome. i would never have known that i was looking at fish even if i was staring at them prior to this.

alright, this is getting too long. so i'm gonna end here. but for those who didn't get to tag along... wish you were there...

let's do this again!!!!!

K
Kodiak
Better luck....

Better luck....

So i sent a nasty email to the fish gods and they reasured me that next will be different or we will recieve a full refund!!!:lol:

It was great to meet all of you. It took most of today for me to finish drying out! I would love to get together with all of you again and try gettin' skunked with a bunch of springers!! Thakyou to all of you that made the trip and tolerated the rain with me, and look forward to meeting more of you in the future!

L
lechner
I think I'm still drying out from Saturday.

But despite the heavy rain and lack of fish, I had a fantastic time meeting all of you nice OFF people. I came home with some new steelhead experience, renewed confidence, and a greater appreciation for the importance of hip waders and rain gear. Special thanks to Kodiak are in order for arranging the trip and sharing his knowledge. I'll be looking forward to the next outing (which are hopefully salmon?)

BTW, I stopped in at Henry's tackle in Newport and the guy in front of me said he landed a nice steelhead at roughly the same spot we were fishing about an hour after we left. *facepalm* :lol:

N
ninja2010
BTW, I stopped in at Henry's tackle in Newport and the guy in front of me said he landed a nice steelhead at roughly the same spot we were fishing about an hour after we left.

dangit that's always the case ain't it? fish is always there just before you arrive and right after you're gone... :naughty: