SAT. March 14th

F
fishnquest
GraphiteZen said:
I'm in. One more person and somebody will need to bring some beer!

I think I figured out the backward fall into the river, gz:D:lol:
Seriously, tho, I'm excited about your trip guys. Bring back some pics!
Ninja, I smell fish in your future!:dance::dance:
Kodiak, you've put together one exciting fishing trip! Good luck all.:dance:

J
joesnuffy
Have fun tomorrow. I'll be accross the state fishing on the Wallowa R.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
fishnquest said:
I think I figured out the backward fall into the river, gz:D:lol:
Seriously, tho, I'm excited about your trip guys. Bring back some pics!
Ninja, I smell fish in your future!:dance::dance:
Kodiak, you've put together one exciting fishing trip! Good luck all.:dance:

HAHA! Not really. At least that I can remember ;);).

Unfortunately it looks like I may not be able to make it :mad::mad: I'll keep you posted. If I can't make it in the morning I may be able to make it to the jetty later in the day. Any plans to continue the party there?

K
Kodiak
Unfortunately it looks like I may not be able to make it :mad::mad: I'll keep you posted. If I can't make it in the morning I may be able to make it to the jetty later in the day. Any plans to continue the party there?[/QUOTE]

Rats! Was really hoping you would make it. I'll be posting directions later today!

K
Kodiak
Directions/conditions

Directions/conditions

Here are the directions to moonshine for those who can't make arco at 7:00

Take the OR-34 exit, EXIT 228, toward LEBANON/ CORVALLIS. 0.3 mi (arco is on the left)

13: Turn RIGHT onto OR-34/ CORVALLIS-LEBANON HWY. 9.6 mi

14: Turn LEFT onto OR-34 BYP/ CORVALLIS-NEWPORT HWY. Continue to follow CORVALLIS-NEWPORT HWY. 16.5 mi

15: Turn RIGHT onto EDDYVILLE-BLODGETT HWY/ SUMMIT HWY. Continue to follow SUMMIT HWY. 6.6 mi

16: SUMMIT HWY becomes OR-180/ EDDYVILLE-BLODGETT HWY. 0.8 mi

17: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto LOGSDEN RD/ OR-411. 3.1 mi

18: Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on LOGSDEN RD/ OR-411. 11.4 mi

19: Turn RIGHT onto MOONSHINE PARK RD.

20: Stay to the right at moonshine. I will put up paper plates with arrows
and OFF to mark the way in. It is around 8 miles up I believe.

The river will be low and clear tomarrow so small gear should produce well. The rain will be coming so the fish should be on the move:dance: It will be great to see all of you there!!!

Troutski
Troutski
No sleep tonight...

No sleep tonight...

Wonder how many of you won't sleep worth a darn tonight.....you all have a great time and take a ton of pictures...tight lines to all :dance: :cool:

Chuck

N
ninja2010
Troutski said:
Wonder how many of you won't sleep worth a darn tonight.....you all have a great time and take a ton of pictures...tight lines to all :dance: :cool:

Chuck

i stayed up last night, so i am totally bushed now and will make it to bed soon.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I'm there! :dance::dance: See you all bright and early! :cool:

F
Fishydog
Sweet! For a minute there I thought I would have to drink Zen's beers :D
I am pumped and ready to go, who knows maybe I'll lay into my first steel of the year ;) See you all bright and early, especially Ninja.

N
ninja2010
Fishydog said:
Sweet! For a minute there I thought I would have to drink Zen's beers :D
I am pumped and ready to go, who knows maybe I'll lay into my first steel of the year ;) See you all bright and early, especially Ninja.

i'll be soooo there!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Drink a beer for me

Drink a beer for me

You guys catch a bunch of fish,party at the end of the line and drink a beer for me. BUT,watch out for each other and every damn one of you better be back home or wherever you're supposed to be tomorrow night. I want a head count! Seriously, have a great time and come home safely.
Barb

N
ninja2010
Raincatcher said:
You guys catch a bunch of fish,party at the end of the line and drink a beer for me. BUT,watch out for each other and every damn one of you better be back home or wherever you're supposed to be tomorrow night. I want a head count! Seriously, have a great time and come home safely.
Barb

i promise i will... :dance:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I actually plan on drinking no beer. But hath no fear the Zen will still be there. You won't know the difference. :D:D

L
lechner
It sure is hard getting a full night of sleep when there is such an exciting trip to look forward to. :) I'll see you guys at the Arco at 7:00 and will call FD if it looks like I'm going to be late.

K
Kodiak
Good night

Good night

I'm hitting the rack. I will be checking this thread before I head out. Bring your rain gear..it's gonna be wet!:clap: Sleep well. I will be busting out our new jigs to beta test for tomarrow.

P
PacRat
Good Luck!

Good Luck!

Go get em boys! I'll expect many pics. :D

I'll be local on the Clackamas tomorrow, but wishin I was joining you!

Tony

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Well a good time was had by all, but no fish... Apparently the run is pretty dismal right now as the wonderfully upbeat and friendly State Policewoman (Miss Van Meter) claimed she hasn't heard of a fish being landed around moonshine is a week!

Great bunch of people, all of you. It's such a blast to meet up with a large group and right from the start everyone's just chill and getting along perfectly, BSing and telling stories Good times... We hardly needed an introduction!
I had a blast all, and thank you Kodiak for being the trail-maker and guide on what turned out to be an extended adventure!

We should definitely do it again when the springers start coming in! :dance::dance::dance:

S
steelhead_stalkers
Its been a low return year everywhere, but at least you guys had a good time!! If the water was rising that could have thrown off the fishing too.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Extended adventure and no pictures?!

Extended adventure and no pictures?!

GraphiteZen said:
Well a good time was had by all, but no fish... Apparently the run is pretty dismal right now as the wonderfully upbeat and friendly State Policewoman (Miss Van Meter) claimed she hasn't heard of a fish being landed around moonshine is a week!

Great bunch of people, all of you. It's such a blast to meet up with a large group and right from the start everyone's just chill and getting along perfectly, BSing and telling stories Good times... We hardly needed an introduction!
I had a blast all, and thank you Kodiak for being the trail-maker and guide on what turned out to be an extended adventure!

We should definitely do it again when the springers start coming in! :dance::dance::dance:

Zen;
Good to hear you all had a great time. Like everyone who didn't make it, I want pictures! Sorry the fish didn't make the same trip. How soon do springers start showing up, in a normal year?
Barb

C
Commodore S
Raincatcher said:
Zen;
Good to hear you all had a great time. Like everyone who didn't make it, I want pictures! Sorry the fish didn't make the same trip. How soon do springers start showing up, in a normal year?
Barb

Sorry no pics Barb, they would just be of a bunch of wet, soggy, fishermen, and no fish:( Yeah, thanks kodiak it was a good day, I stopped at the meat-hole and was the only one there, no fish prob why no people. But thanks agian:clap: Should start seeing some springers next month:dance: Maybe we could do another trip, I'll buy the shrimp.