Santiam near Jefferson

M
Mike123
I think I may just go watch the Lebanon dam closely tomorrow evening.
I can usually stir up a fish by throwing a few pebbles just below the fish ladder.
Man that would be weird to see coho rolling in the South Santiam up here..
What's their reasoning for not continuing the hatchery coho program?

B
bigfootfish
What Coho Hatchery Program?

What Coho Hatchery Program?

Mike123,
These Coho are in the Santiams all by themselves. The only hatchery program I can think of is/was the one where they started planting baby Coho in the Upper Yamhill and Tualitin Rivers. The Cohos have spread out up here from down there. Coho have never been native to the Upper Willamette or Middle Willamette Watershed, according to the ODFW, and ODFW has not/will not admit they planted any Coho up in the Santiams.:lol::naughty::think:
The Lebanon Dam would be a good place to check, as it's not a bad chokepoint. The cataract at Waterloo Park might be another.

BFF

Last edited:
M
Mike123
bigfootfish said:
Mike123,
These Coho are in the Santiams all by themselves. The only hatchery program I can think of is/was the one where they started planting baby Coho in the Upper Yamhill and Tualitin Rivers. The Cohos have spread out up here from down there. Coho have never been native to the Upper Willamette or Middle Willamette Watershed, according to the ODFW, and ODFW has not/will not admit they planted any Coho up in the Santiams.:lol::naughty::think:
The Lebanon Dam would be a good place to check, as it's not a bad chokepoint. The cataract at Waterloo Park might be another.

BFF

I honestly don't think Im gonna see anything.. but ya never know. I can always trout fish and accidently catch one.. would have to release it though.
:D

M
mcbanshee
S.Santiam

S.Santiam

S.santiam opens for coho on the 1st right?