Sandy

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
cchinook said:
21 rods at Oxbow today , no coho . 40 or so at the hatchery . Last year it was awesome , I guess the kill nets got them all. I will call O.D.F.W. in the morning and ask them why. I do not expect much of a reply . They might not even know where the Sandy is.
i was at the ramp for about 6 hrs eggs and blue fox with nothing. saw a few jump but none caught

C
cchinook
‘TroutMaster said:
i was at the ramp for about 6 hrs eggs and blue fox with nothing. saw a few jump but none caught

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
anybody having any luck, thinking about going out on the clock or the Sandy on Saturday or Sunday? I don’t know where I should go or where the fish are? also, still very new fishing.

Diehard
Diehard
We are in the heart of the silver run both rivers you mention will provide an opportunity to catch fish now fish early mornings or last hour and a half of light this is when the bite really intensifies and provides the best opportunity I really like casting my homemade spinners or bluefox spinners in pink blue or purple also bobber and pink beads or bobber and eggs are known killers we really need some rain the rivers are pretty low now but as soon as they come up again we should see another good opportunity to get fish good luck

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Diehard said:
We are in the heart of the silver run both rivers you mention will provide an opportunity to catch fish now fish early mornings or last hour and a half of light this is when the bite really intensifies and provides the best opportunity I really like casting my homemade spinners or bluefox spinners in pink blue or purple also bobber and pink beads or bobber and eggs are known killers we really need some rain the rivers are pretty low now but as soon as they come up again we should see another good opportunity to get fish good luck
if i went on sunday where on the clack or sandy would be best?

Diehard
Diehard
there's a little park next to Barton Bridge were I will go toss spinners sometimes follow the trail down about an 1/8th mile down river of Barton Bridge or hike Bonnie lure park on eagle crk out to the clackamas River and fish down river of the mouth you will need waders for that on the sandy there's oxbow Glenn auto cedar crk hatchery up in sandy good luck

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Diehard said:
there's a little park next to Barton Bridge were I will go toss spinners sometimes follow the trail down about an 1/8th mile down river of Barton Bridge or hike Bonnie lure park on eagle crk out to the clackamas River and fish down river of the mouth you will need waders for that on the sandy there's oxbow Glenn auto cedar crk hatchery up in sandy good luck
got it. think i will hit carver or barton on sunday

P
PandaMan
Happy Sunday. May have Tuesday morning free and thinking about heading out. I know I'm going to be early for steelhead, but could there be any coho left in the system higher up?

S
Slo
For coho, I would fish the upper regions of either river. The holes below Cedar Creek hatchery should be holding a few. With the rain we just got, most of the fish should be on the move. Steelhead could be anywhere in the river system, as most of the run is just getting started. Tanner Creek, on the Columbia, might be another bet.