Sandy

P
PandaMan
Was out on the Sandy this morning. Lots of anglers, no action from anyone. Saw people drifting & spinning. There was about 1 ft of viz & water levels were up about 1-2 feet overall. B10 is doing well, when can we expect those fatties up here?

C
cchinook
PandaMan said:
Was out on the Sandy this morning. Lots of anglers, no action from anyone. Saw people drifting & spinning. There was about 1 ft of viz & water levels were up about 1-2 feet overall. B10 is doing well, when can we expect those fatties up here?
Not sure what you are asking. Springers are over , the only fall nooks the Sandy gets are big nasty ones that cut like a Tule. Coho will arrive soon.

scched
scched
PandaMan said:
Should start picking up over the next 1-2 weeks. As cchinook mentioned, no hatchery nook run on the Sandy but there is a solid run of wild

Reactions: trout ninja
C
cchinook
scched said:
Should start picking up over the next 1-2 weeks. As cchinook mentioned, no hatchery nook run on the Sandy but there is a solid run of wild
Water is very muddy right now.

scched
scched
cchinook said:
Water is very muddy right now.
Just left dabney, there’s some color in the water but it’s not chocolate. I thought the color looked pretty good this am IMO

Reactions: PandaMan
C
cchinook
scched said:
Just left dabney, there’s some color in the water but it’s not chocolate. I thought the color looked pretty good this am IMO
Thanks

Reactions: scched
scched
scched
Probably 15 people out there fishing though - lots of pressure for it being so early. Everyone must have seen the dam counts

Reactions: trout ninja
C
cchinook
scched said:
Probably 15 people out there fishing though - lots of pressure for it being so early. Everyone must have seen the dam counts
I have done well there in Oct.

Reactions: PandaMan and scched
P
PandaMan
Well, I sure feel silly. I had no clue there wasn't a hatchery return. Thanks guys!

C
cchinook
PandaMan said:
Well, I sure feel silly. I had no clue there wasn't a hatcere is for cocho, spring

PandaMan said:
Well, I sure feel silly. I had no clue there wasn't a hatchery return. Thanks guys!
There is for coho , springers , and summer and winter steel. The fall nooks are nasty , dark and unclipped. It is rare to get a clipped one that is still bright.

Reactions: PhoFish and PandaMan
C
cchinook
PandaMan said:
Some coho have shown up at Oxbow . 2 more weeks and I will hit it hard through Oct.

scched
scched
Dabney was dead tonight; fished from 4-7 and saw maybe 3 fish roll over the 3 hours. Worked all the way from the big pool above the boat ramp down to the bridge with twitching jigs and spinners

P
PandaMan
Thanks for the update!

C
cchinook
scched said:
Dabney was dead tonight; fished from 4-7 and saw maybe 3 fish roll over the 3 hours. Worked all the way from the big pool above the boat ramp down to the bridge with twitching jigs and spinners
Friend of mine lost one at Oxbow yesterday.

scched
scched
cchinook said:
Friend of mine lost one at Oxbow yesterday.
I actually got on the board yesterday on the Sandy, small wild coho. Couldn’t have been more than 2 pounds

It was deadddd other than that though. No rollers or anything. Did see maybe 5 chinook go through the small rapids above the boat ramp tho

scched
scched
Now that I’m looking back at the picture, I’m pretty sure it was a summer steelhead. In the moment I was just worried about getting it released alive. Full white mouth and tongue with small teeth, spots all over tail, I believe tail was flat even though it looks forked in the photo

• IMG_8398.jpeg
P
pcstock
Looks like a steelhead to me.

C
cchinook
Diehard
Diehard
  • Haha
Diehard
Diehard
Gonna be down at the mouth this evening I'll try to post a report for you up river guys tomorrow