Sandy

Diehard
Diehard
Fished last night around the upper sandy mouth there were a fair amount of fish jumping near the mouth and the water was up enough for a few more to trickle in we ended up with a jack Chinook one adult Chinook and released a wild coho
 
  • Screenshot_20230914-100020_Messages.jpg
  • Like
Reactions: PandaMan and scched
C
cchinook
Diehard said:
Gonna be down at the mouth this evening I'll try to post a report for you up river guys tomorrow
Need rain !
 
  • Like
Reactions: scched and Diehard
P
PandaMan
Heading out to drift from Ox Bow tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a productive float.
 
  • Like
Reactions: scched
C
cchinook
Diehard said:
Gonna be down at the mouth this evening I'll try to post a report for you up river guys tomorrow
Oxbow today , 1 native , 4 jacks . Rain next week will bring them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: scched and PandaMan
A
Anotherdude
I was at Oxbow yesterday for a few hours. Definitely some fish there, jumping and slurping bugs on the top, but no action. Tried jigs, eggs, and spinner with no hits.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PandaMan
P
PandaMan
Drifted from Dabney to L&C this morning/afternoon. Very slow. One native Jack. Talked to a bunch of bank anglers & one other drift duo seems about 7ish Jacks retained & 1 chinook. Hoping this rain pushed them into the river.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Anotherdude
‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
PandaMan said:
Drifted from Dabney to L&C this morning/afternoon. Very slow. One native Jack. Talked to a bunch of bank anglers & one other drift duo seems about 7ish Jacks retained & 1 chinook. Hoping this rain pushed them into the river.
got this guy right at Glen auto just up 71729258907__5AA3287D-94A2-4164-BB31-23CC894767BE.jpegriver from the bridge71729258907__5AA3287D-94A2-4164-BB31-23CC894767BE.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: scched, Anotherdude and PandaMan
Diehard
Diehard
Good job nice looking fish
 
P
PandaMan
Skunked from the bank today. Fish are definitely moving tho. Just not biting unfortunately. Only saw two Jack Coho caught between 8 guys.
 
‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
thinking I was going to hit oxbow, the bowling alley, and Barton Park next weekend. Do you think those would be good for some Coho and maybe fall Chinook?
 
P
PandaMan
‘TroutMaster said:
thinking I was going to hit oxbow, the bowling alley, and Barton Park next weekend. Do you think those would be good for some Coho and maybe fall Chinook?
Great question. From what I've been reading, there is some action on the Clackamas but it's slow going. I feel like there is more catching reported at Oxbow vs lower in the Sandy. The general conciseness seems to be that the bite is slow this year compared to last. They were definitely moving today tho. Thinking about heading back out tomorrow again; the skunk isn't sitting well with me.
 
‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
PandaMan said:
Great question. From what I've been reading, there is some action on the Clackamas but it's slow going. I feel like there is more catching reported at Oxbow vs lower in the Sandy. The general conciseness seems to be that the bite is slow this year compared to last. They were definitely moving today tho. Thinking about heading back out tomorrow again; the skunk isn't sitting well with me.
sounds about right from what I saw, I was completely alone on Sunday at Glen otto when I caught my first salmon. except for the last Sunday, I’ve been to the bowling alley hole every weekend of September from about 6 o’clock to noon and seeing just about every flosser hook up, I didn’t have any luck though on spinners Jigs eggs or beads. Seems like to me this rain coming in should bring more fish up river and I was thinking the Barton Park on the clack might be good. I am completely brand new to salmon fishing now, and I appreciate everybody’s reply’s!
 
scched
scched
‘TroutMaster said:
sounds about right from what I saw, I was completely alone on Sunday at Glen otto when I caught my first salmon. except for the last Sunday, I’ve been to the bowling alley hole every weekend of September from about 6 o’clock to noon and seeing just about every flosser hook up, I didn’t have any luck though on spinners Jigs eggs or beads. Seems like to me this rain coming in should bring more fish up river and I was thinking the Barton Park on the clack might be good. I am completely brand new to salmon fishing now, and I appreciate everybody’s reply’s!

You should be able to go to any hole, high or low, on just about any river and there will be fish. With the time of the year and the rain, they’ll be distributed all throughout the system
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diehard
‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
went to oxbow on sunday with no fish on eggs or blue fox but plenty jumping
 
C
cchinook
Dead this morning at Oxbow except for 2 nasty fall nooks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diehard
‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
cchinook said:
Dead this morning at Oxbow except for 2 nasty fall nooks.
on spinners or eggs?
 
C
cchinook
‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
cchinook said:
Everything.
nice, i was thinkin about going to the garbage hole or oxbow next weekend
 
S
Slo
Fished the tail-out at Dodge, with spinners and twitching jigs. Between two of us, landed 3 fish, all silvers. Hot color scheme was green blade-black body-with pink or red hootchie skirt single siwash hook. Purple or blues for twitching jigs. Didn't get any action in the hole under the bridge, so we walked down the tail-out and got hot there. I saw a group of folks fishing at the pipeline, not sure if they walked the path or followed the bank there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PandaMan
P
PandaMan
Slo said:
Fished the tail-out at Dodge, with spinners and twitching jigs. Between two of us, landed 3 fish, all silvers. Hot color scheme was green blade-black body-with pink or red hootchie skirt single siwash hook. Purple or blues for twitching jigs. Didn't get any action in the hole under the bridge, so we walked down the tail-out and got hot there. I saw a group of folks fishing at the pipeline, not sure if they walked the path or followed the bank there.
Great info! Thanks for the update. Any pics of your catch?
 

Similar threads

troutdude
Replies
7
Views
568
Chromatose
Chromatose
bass
Replies
1
Views
278
fromthelogo
fromthelogo
S
Replies
9
Views
797
Senkosam
S
F
Replies
1
Views
1K
scched
scched
Admin
Replies
0
Views
574
Admin
Admin
Top Bottom