Salish Pond report 02-13-2009

G

Green_Tackle

Hey everyone,

My dog and I were out at Salish Pond this morning for about an hour or so. It was pretty cold but there were plenty of other folks fishing. I caught a stocked rainbow on my first cast using Gulp! Salmon Eggs (pink) about 3 feet off the bottom. Casted pretty far out using a 1/4 oz Eco Egg Sinker and let the line sink completely before reeling it tight.

Didn't get so much as a nibble the rest of the time nor did I see anyone else catching anything. But, it's better than last week when it was frozen over so--hey, not bad. I got dinner.

Cheers,

18406ej

18406ej

Thanks for the report- I am surprised it has thawed out already, and happy that you got dinner.

F

Fishtopher

Fishing sure gets tuff at that spot with the wind and all! Way to go and welcome to the gang....:)

G

Green_Tackle

Yeah, I have no issues with smaller fish--or no fish. In fact, I didn't expect to catch anything at all and was not prepared for it. I just wanted to get the dog some exercise, drink some coffee, and throw out a line. Good stuff.

G

Green_Tackle

Was out there again this morning... and so was everyone else. The guy down the bank from me, fishing what looked like it might be a silver kastmaster, pulled in a beauty of a trout. Much larger than the typical stockers... seemed more likely to be in the mid-- maybe even upper teens. Really nice. Would have been even better on my line but nice just the same.

A duck got a fish too, though not quite as large. Other than that, same old "nothing yet" that I'm more accustomed to at Salish.

Cheers,

Top Bottom