Rockfishing Report - Feb 20th

A

Amberjack

Left the docks at 7:45 with 3 passengers. Threw 5 pots in the ocean, and went fishing. Weather was nice in the morning then got cold. Ocean was decent as well.

Set up on a reef and started fishing. Very slow. That was the phrase for the day. Slow for rockfish. Moved at least to 5 different reefs. Lingcod were slow until about 10:00 am and then they lit up. We threw back at least 20 shorts. Ended up with full limits of ling cod, including a a limit for myself (Ling Cod caught by me were given to customers at the docks)

Out of 5 crab pots we managed only 5 legal crabs, lots of females, which is a good sign

N

nwkiller

amber jack, youve always been the man. look at you posting even if the days arent as sweet as you would like um. I remember going out with you guys a year or two ago, the seas were bad and we ended up heading back to the docks early and you refunded us some money.....thanks for being truthful and honest...i swear 9 guides outta 10 would tell you a lie to get you on there boat....thanks for the post!!!

(ling cod limits is still an awesome day!!)

T

the_intimidator03

glad to hear about the good ling trip :-D I am not at all suprised at the crabs now being mostly female. I know in the bay its mainly females and Redrocks. Do i need to move and go work for ya :p thanks for the report