Rest in pieces

J
JeannaJigs
Hit a coastal stream Thursday not so bright but oh so early with plumb2fish, 'cause who doesn't like hiking in and sitting in the dark for a few hours? Made the mistake of laying down at some point because my back has been out and spasming for several days, well basalt is very cold and when it became light I realized I was laying in salmon blood clots and egg goo. My waders smell awesome. Eventually got too cold so tied up some leaders to distract myself from hypothermia lol.

null_zps00f80a02.jpg

The fishing was good. The hooked to landed ratio? Epically poor. Murphy's law. Got one little "hen" when I got it home, discovered it was eggless. Bummed.

null_zps5dec8f62.jpg

Lost 7-8 beautiful fish, one hen was kinda dusty, kicked my arse had her close but she went under the ledge mike was standing on with a net and seeya, was a 35is looking fish, know she was bursting full of eggs. Saw her rolling around a few times throughout the day and then saw her in a tailout later...my glob of yarn and eggs in the corner of her mouth. Plumb2fish had just as many on and landed a Frankenstein buck that was released due to the nasty factor. Probably would have cut fine as bucks usually do but we both kinda went eww when we saw it in the net lol.

Was a fun day though, it's always a good feeling when you're arm is sore the next day. Would have been great to land 3 more and go home with a full killbag but at least we got to fight some quality large fish.

I had such a good time I wasn't really even mad that this happened...until today when I ditched the denial train and had to call about warranty info...no word back yet, apparently the warranty guy was out? Weird that a large company would only have one warranty person but whatever. Normally I don't care if a rod breaks anymore I just buy another one but this rod isn't available locally and I literally just got it last week. BUMMED. It was a sweet rod. Hoping for a replacement since it was clearly a manufacturing defect, that's a 14" piece of tip section there.

Oh well, rest in pieces friend, you were a good rod even if it was only for 10 hours.

null_zpsecd77e21.jpg

Reactions: Admin
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sitting in the cold, dark boat for a few hours before fishing??!! Crazy! At least you kept busy after sunrise. I can't imagine them not replacing that section for you ASAP. Ten hours is way too short for a tip life expectancy. And what is up with no eggs?! Isn't that against the laws of nature? Nice looking gal for being a spinster...:D

J
JeannaJigs
Haha no boat to sit in! Rarely take the boat salmon fishing there's just too much good water that's accessible from the bank. Hope the rod is replaced pronto but I'm kinda cursed. This fish had one milt sac. I really think it was a transgender fish lol.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Oh, Lord! Sitting/laying in blood and egg goo would almost be acceptable if it were in a boat. Doing it in the dark, on the ground...not so much. LOL "I really think it was a transgender fish" ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol:

jamisonace
jamisonace
I have 4 rods I need to send in for replacement. Two berkley buzz Ramsey's, one wright and McGill and one okuma.

Berkeley and w & m, no prob. Send them in and they'll replace or fix. Okuma forget it. They'll sell you a tip for $25. Never buying anymore celilo rods.

What brand is your rod?

jamisonace
jamisonace
I looked at the title of the post and then the first pick. The pliers looked like an oar lock and I immediately thought red hill at 4 ft.

J
JeannaJigs
jamisonace said:
I have 4 rods I need to send in for replacement. Two berkley buzz Ramsey's, one wright and McGill and one okuma.

Berkeley and w & m, no prob. Send them in and they'll replace or fix. Okuma forget it. They'll sell you a tip for $25. Never buying anymore celilo rods.

What brand is your rod?

Its a $55 celilo lol. I don't spend money on expensive rods anymore, i go disposable. That said I'll settle for a $25 tip, it's less than a new rod. It was just the right amount of backbone...until it became a 9'4". Wish they sold the 10'6 rods local in the 15-50 rating. Le sigh. It's the only celilo I've had break. I do prefer Berkeley BR IM8's but I wanted a big ol chinook bobber and egg rod.

jamisonace said:
I looked at the title of the post and then the first pick. The pliers looked like an oar lock and I immediately thought red hill at 4 ft.

Oh dear god. I don't think I'll ever float that with my boat again.

jamisonace
jamisonace
If you've had it less than a year you'll be fine. They'll replace it. Or, if you bought it at bimart, take it there. They'll pbly replace it for you.

J
JeannaJigs
I bought it a week ago via amazon. Bimart doesn't sell them :( otherwise I would've bought it there and exchanged it easy peasy

B
Big3d
If the company doesn't help on their own amazon will help facilitate the exchange or repair. Amazon is a pretty good place to do business! As for your strange sexually confused fish... Nice!

L
lilsalmon
Sorry bout your rod.....nice fishy, tho!!!

D
DYJ
on the bright side, there's more than 55.00 worth of fresh salmon on that fish...