Rattlers

E
espencer757
We grab the dice every day, many, many times. Driving to/from work, flying on vacation, eating at Taco Bell. Even that halibut trip you might take could end in disaster. You can't live in fear of what could possibly happen. My sister in law loves fishing, and she almost cries when I show her some of the fish we catch going out bottom fishing. She is afraid of the ocean and cannot get herself to come with us. Don't live in fear!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

C
ChezJfrey
pinstriper said:
I want it to be Elizabeth Hurley's limo breaking down in front of my house while Mrs P is in a forgiving mood.

LOL...I'm waiting for a similar situation, but either Scarlett Johansson or Charlize Theron ;)

E
espencer757
Ok, but now we are venturing from random chance the realm of miracle of God.

E
espencer757
That would be the part about my wife being in a forgiving mood.

C
ChezJfrey
espencer757 said:
We grab the dice every day, many, many times. Driving to/from work, flying on vacation, eating at Taco Bell. Even that halibut trip you might take could end in disaster. You can't live in fear of what could possibly happen. My sister in law loves fishing, and she almost cries when I show her some of the fish we catch going out bottom fishing. She is afraid of the ocean and cannot get herself to come with us. Don't live in fear!

I with you. Helps that I operate in a mode where I am near certain I am indestructible anyway. Heck, I've 'proved' that to myself many times over. My wife cringes every time I can boast to my 'successes' as proof; she thinks I'm delusional and insane. In fact, just had another proof-of-evidence a few months ago...shoulda seen the look on her face as I walked in the door, a gash in my forehead, oozing blood and I was proudly claiming yet another victory of my death defiance :)

P
pinstriper
espencer757 said:
Ok, but now we are venturing from random chance the realm of miracle of God.

They are unabashedly closed-minded about these things.

E
espencer757
My wife has memory issues, so if she does not forgive, my hope is, she will forget.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
EOBOY said:
So singing sympathy for the Devil doesn't help?

Wouldn't matter what song with me, it would still sound like a cat getting its tail pinched in a door!

D
DirectDrive
pinstriper said:
Everybody has rolled a Yahtzee! At least once. I don't want my turn to be the unseen rattler. I want it to be Elizabeth Hurley's limo breaking down in front of my house while Mrs P is off on retreat.
Fixed that for you.

;)

D
DirectDrive
espencer757 said:
Most often, the person who gets bitten is the ones who mess with them.
Nah.
We monkey with 'em all the time.
Especially if there are n00bs around.
Makes a big impression on them.

:)

P
pinstriper
O
OnTheDrop
Y'all are just having too much fun with this. Glad I could start such a good post....

P
pinstriper
I'm working on gettin' Dana threatened with a banning again...

EOBOY
EOBOY
I saw it coming

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

M
montym
Hijack alert. Completely irrelevant but true, I have an aunt who's been near death at least twice and bitten at least thrice by snakes. One was a little worm like snake native to Assam probably, and one I can't remember of what variety that fell on her from the thatched roof of her college when she was writing an exam. She never passed that one. The first time was before I was born, but I hear tales that she was saved by a shaman or something like that. The doctors had given up, this guy turned up,asked for the dead snake which apparently someone had stored for some reason, did some mambo-jumbo and she revived gradually.

Some of you'll say bull, I used to be that guy that till I was about 20, then my dad had an experience that I just can't rationally explain..now I just reckon there are things that science can't explain yet. Sasquatch believers, anyone?

No, I am not from a place where snakes outnumber people, in fact I reckon I know only one other person who's been bitten by a snake.

F
Fishpdx
Catch one and use it as live bait, bass love them.

P
pinstriper
montym said:
Some of you'll say bull, I used to be that guy that till I was about 20, then my dad had an experience that I just can't rationally explain..now I just reckon there are things that science can't explain yet. Sasquatch believers, anyone?

418d276e8ca1059b2d275be3d7a6cb0c.jpg

O
OnTheDrop
Dude! You got the 0.0 sticker.... Do you remember who gave you that idea?!

E
espencer757
Ok, now you have to explain the 0.0 sticker.

E
espencer757
This is the sticker that belongs on all boats.