Question about JCP

T

the_intimidator03

I do recall hearing that ODFW used to stock brook trout in JCP. Does anyone know when the last stocking for brook trout was done? (year/month is fine) I am kind of curious

B

BlackBass

They stock brook trout in the early months of the year. Jan-feb they need cold water more so then rainbows. Hope that helps you out.

J

JeannaJigs

They truck steelhead from the whittaker creek trap to JCP in february/march of every year, don't know about brood trout though.

N

nwkiller

TI go in early feb. And throw some rainbow thomas's, those steelies are much better fighters!!...good luck

T

the_intimidator03

Well the MAIN reason i asked this question is because i hit JCP a week or two ago and caught 2 brookies in there. I was under the impression they had not been stocked in a few years. I do know the brooders and steelhead get planted in dec and january Thanks for the info. and as for halfthrives comment there may be more than just half of something else missing too

N

nwkiller

Well the MAIN reason i asked this question is because i hit JCP a week or two ago and caught 2 brookies in there. I was under the impression they had not been stocked in a few years. I do know the brooders and steelhead get planted in dec and january Thanks for the info. and as for halfthrives comment there may be more than just half of something else missing too

lol

R

rippin fish lips

yep im sure your gonna get some good replies on your questions.....but im sure "you dont care"

Who cares? ok maybe you dont fish still water but there is still ppl here that love to fish still water! when you have a question ima answer to it like this, "who cares."

N

nwkiller

yeah not a way to make friends "halfy"

T

TTFishon

Wow! I love brookies they're so cool looking. I was under the impression they planted 1 to 2 pounders there.

T

the_intimidator03

well that aint no 1-2 lb'er there LOL skinny guy that one was maybe 10" the other one i caught but failed to get a picture off before he went back swimming was 12 inches or so. I think i will call the hatchery and find out the deal on it

Q

qwapaw

We need more places like JCP. The Grand Kids love it and it is sure a lot easier than keeping track of them on a river or keeping them happy in the boat. I enjoy taking them there. That is who cares, Qwa