Powder coat advice

B
beaverfan
Ya sorry it's taking so long for me to post the pics. I haven't heady a reliable internet connection for the past week. (I do now) Only problem now is the camera is in my girlfriends purse. So I gotta wait till she comes over later. So I'm shooting to get them up by noon tomorrow.

B
beaverfan
Ok so now I'm just slackin. I forgot to get the camera last night and I just got some cool vinyl lure paints that I've been messing with. When I finally get the pics up I'll throw in some pics of my vinyl paint creations.

G
GDBrown
Smooth finish coat!

Smooth finish coat!

beaverfan said:
Ok so now I'm just slackin.

Slacker!!!:naughty:

Here's a trick I use to get a smooth coat of powder. It does take some practice and a little time though. Get a squeeze bottle with a tapered tip on it, mine is about 6 inches tall. Fill it about 1/3 full of paint. Hold the blade with forceps, shake the bottle sideways until there is a cloud of paint inside, then squeeze slowly to get the cloud out of the bottle. I sometimes was able to rub the blade on my nylon carpet to get some static electric charge on the blade first. Like I said it is slow and takes practice but you can get a perfectly smooth finish with the final bake. I'll try to get some pics up of my results if I can find everything in my messy garage!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
GDBrown said:
Slacker!!!:naughty:

Here's a trick I use to get a smooth coat of powder. It does take some practice and a little time though. Get a squeeze bottle with a tapered tip on it, mine is about 6 inches tall. Fill it about 1/3 full of paint. Hold the blade with forceps, shake the bottle sideways until there is a cloud of paint inside, then squeeze slowly to get the cloud out of the bottle. I sometimes was able to rub the blade on my nylon carpet to get some static electric charge on the blade first. Like I said it is slow and takes practice but you can get a perfectly smooth finish with the final bake. I'll try to get some pics up of my results if I can find everything in my messy garage!

That is a great technique!