Polebender Invitational

J
JeannaJigs
Karma bit you on the rear...that'll teach you! Haha

For the record, I offered sunscreen.

L
lilsalmon
It was an awesome day....Thank you to FP and Mrs. FP...you guys are great (and anyone else who helped set this up) It was hard giving up opening day to fish for bass but I had a lot of fun.....Met some more cool people and visited and ate and rowed around the pond with Jeanna. We did a good job at pretending we knew what we were doing. The day was perfect. Now I am OFF to Breitenbush in the morning to catch me some trout........Good job Colby!!!! I have some pics too but it will have to wait for tomorrow....it was a hard day watching Jeanna row. :D

Brandon, it was a pleasure getting you home safe......at least the drive wasn't quiet and boring...hehe

B
bernduffy
What a great day. The spread put out by FP, his wife Lisa and family was remarkable and a terrific surprise. Complete with cute grandkids. I sure enjoyed meeting the OFF gang. Terrific variety of people, all with the common love of this crazy pursuit. I really liked the lake, it's size, lots of structure and shade in places. variety of species. I'm sure it will produce awesome bass after a spell of warm weather. I know most of us were disappointed at the lack of bass, but they don't just turn on at the first 55 (some therms read 57) ...it takes a few days for the metabolism to change. My guess is that we were one week early. Looking forward to the next one!

Bernie

N
Noahk
FP-
Thanks again for putting that together. I'm sure you were exhausted after working so hard all day. Thanks for making it a
GREAT day for everyone. It was a great day with great people!

Hawk-
Was that you flying over the pond?

Brandon-
No worries, it was good fishing with you, thanks for the bass and carp tips. Good score on the waders!

B
bernduffy
There was some confusion as to what the other two fish (besides Colby's bass) were. Not a carp, a Largescale sucker. Look here:

Largescale Sucker - Montana Field Guide

Never seen one before.

C
Combat Chuck
The camera didn't come out much but here is what I took.
001.jpg
003.jpg
002.jpg

D
Darthbeans
Thanks for a GREAT time mr. And mrs. FP!! The wife and i had a blast and it was great meeting new people and enjoying the day.

N
ninja2010
it was definitely worth the drive to attend such a fabulous gathering - thanks to mr and mrs FP (and family). you guys definitely outdid yourselves as magnificent hosts and hostesses.

even though the fish gods coulda done better, the weather gods were playas fer sure. couldn't have asked for a better day.

and it was great to meet new peeps from the forum as well. thanks to everyone for making this a memorable day.

L
lilsalmon
Here is the pics that I took. The little boat cruising through the water is our "official" officials....

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
YESS MY ROCK FIST!!!! bahaha

L
lilsalmon
One more...:D

S
sherman
Thanks Dave & Lisa for hosting a great get together of good people & good food. Had a great time even if the fish weren't co-operating. Can't wait to get together again with some like minded peeps.

Glenn

L
lilsalmon
sherman said:
Thanks Dave & Lisa for hosting a great get together of good people & good food. Had a great time even if the fish weren't co-operating. Can't wait to get together again with some like minded peeps.

Glenn

And thank YOU for the use of your camper conveniences....

T
tomriker
the picture of all of us should make the headlines! :D

T
TTFishon
I had a great time!!!. It was really nice meeting everyone.:)

F
Finneus Polebender
Well here come the rest over the next few posts

F
Finneus Polebender
F
Finneus Polebender
F
Finneus Polebender
F
Finneus Polebender
Afew additional ones