PK how about this?

Casting Call
Casting Call
I have had this theory for sometime. Waited for the right conditions to test it. It was a BOMB!!!!! Let me explain first I waited for the right conditions to fall in line. Being that high tide and the sun being 12 to 7 inches above the horizon (west cost around Lincoln City) My thinking was the light factor through the waves near the beach as the sunsets is one factor. The second factor having baits enhanced with a bead (glo-n-dark/phosphorescence type) highly activated by a shot of intense light from an old 35mm flash attachment. Once located fish, I could not keep them of the hooks. Plenty of dbl hook-ups. It was insane!!!! I will try my theory again when the conditions a right. Kept two fish for tacos. Remember high tide at sunset. Tony

Reactions: troutdude
P
pinstriper
If you're going to test this theory, you need to fish it in other conditions, only move one variable at a time, and build up a big enough sample size.

Tough work, but I think you can manage !

Reactions: troutdude
Casting Call
Casting Call
Ya! Mark The last set of conditions were Friday high tide at sunset. Next test will be bait only at sunset. Test after that will bait and bead only. Hoping to do both the same day, same spot. Next set of conditions, tide and sunset may not be for awhile. Tony

PK Yi
PK Yi
Casting Call;n607931 said:
I have had this theory for sometime. Waited for the right conditions to test it. It was a BOMB!!!!! Let me explain first I waited for the right conditions to fall in line. Being that high tide and the sun being 12 to 7 inches above the horizon (west cost around Lincoln City) My thinking was the light factor through the waves near the beach as the sunsets is one factor. The second factor having baits enhanced with a bead (glo-n-dark/phosphorescence type) highly activated by a shot of intense light from an old 35mm flash attachment. Once located fish, I could not keep them of the hooks. Plenty of dbl hook-ups. It was insane!!!! I will try my theory again when the conditions a right. Kept two fish for tacos. Remember high tide at sunset. Tony

Didn't see this thread till now. Yea, the glow bead sounds like a good idea. I do have a manual flash laying around. Just have to be careful with less light out for safety reasons. If I get around to testing this out, I will post results.

Casting Call
Casting Call
A lot of sea life has a modicum phosphorescence glo for mating, group id in clusters and signal sending, some of which the human eye can not detect. Fish scales as an example. Predators can home in on the phos. lite. Tony