Pike fishing in Oregon

H
halibuthitman
tiger muskies have failed as a managment tool in almost every body of water that it has been attempted in, in Newman lake washington the tiger muskies finished off the remaining trout population while the bass and perch flourished and the 3 seem to be living in perfect harmony... the muskies prefered frogs, newts, and even waterfowl over the perch.

H
halibuthitman
Basser@Heart said:
The pikeminnow bounty continues through 2010. As for the perch problem, I think a couple largemouth would fix it! Course they bring the same "problems" as any other non-native fish, but they're good eating and a lot more fun to catch than 6" perch.
yeah but if you catch a 5lb bass ( about the size they need to be worth killing) and keep it some slack jaw in a du-pont nascar jacket and flip flops will start rippin ya a new one for kilin his trofy fishyrie.. and tiger muskies have reproduced in several lakes in montana.

D
dude young
halibuthitman said:
some slack jaw in a du-pont nascar jacket and flip flops
- I have only been awake for about 45 min. and you have just ade my day. A du-pont nascar jacket... ...that's money, money I tell ya!

B
Basser@Heart
Why you gotta make fun of my jacket????

Z
ZeeBorn
If you want tiger muskies just head up to Lake Mayfeild in Washington. It's only about an hour and a half away from Portland! As far as putting them in Oregon waters... I'd say put them in a ponds that already have warm water fish and that don't have a way for them to migrate to other water. On the other hand, you could just realize that we can't have every kind of fish in our back yard and that we should be thankful for what we do have!
If it ain't broke...
-Nate