Other fish at Clack!!!!

P
plumb2fish
those fish are northern pikeminnows, didn't look at the pic. the pictures show a common sucker

Last edited:
M
metalfisher76
Nope. Northerns don`t have suckers. Northern Pikeminnow Picture They have a mouth in front. The 1st pic from the thread shows a purty good sucker hangin down there.

F
fishingfreak
:DWhen I was fishin at the mouth I was catching 4 to 6 of those things a day when I was drifting eggs for Nooks and so was he. Some where pretty big what are we supposed to do with them when we catch them? My neighbor thought they were Bull Trout.:shock::lol:. He took them all home smoked and ate them. :shock::lol::clap:Rofl. What a bone head and he said they taste good.:shock::lol: Wait until I show him that pic Metalfisher76 he is gonna freak out.:shock::D:lol: I think he will smoke anything and eat em.:dance::clap::lol::D OH man he's killing me.:lol:. he asked me if I wanted some and I said no cause I did not know what they were and they don't look appetizing to me:lol:

LA

D
Derick
That fish is a Large scaled sucker which is a native but non-regulated fish really fun to spearfish while floating Barton to Carver, and I'm pretty sure there are no carp on the clack and carp are vegetarians so they don't eat salmon eggs, some species are native and some are not ( I believe mirror carp and grass carp are introduced but have become pests).

D
Drew9870
Mirror Carp is a genetic mutation of Common Carp, that fish obviously had the build of a Carp considering it had a very broad, high set back. Idk how much experience you have in fish identification, but that is no doubt a Carp around 8-10lbs, you don't see many Largescales around that size (on Earth).

D
Derick
while on second glance I do believe you that is a carp hard to tell but for the dorsal fin which *runs* a lot farther down the back of the carp vs the sucker. But to say it has a high set back and is 8-10 pounds is kind of ludicrous as there is not enough in those pics to infer that.

Last edited:
H
here2fish
Drew9870 said:
OR, be a real sportsman, and put it back, they clean the bottoms of dying/dead vegetation, eat invasive plants, and other stuff that would otherwise rot and not be eaten by anything else.

Give me a good reason why they should be killed, being non-native isn't a good reason (Bass, Bluegill, and anything else not a salmonid are non-native), and the fact that they stir up a little mud (its a river for crying out loud, mud is everywhere) isn't a reason. Yes, they might enjoy a few eggs once in a while, WHAT FISH WOULDN'T? Catfish are nuts over eggs, do you kill them? Suckerfish love eggs, and they also do a fine job of eating algae off the river bottom.

Rascal,
Enlighten me with your knowledge (I mean Ignorance)

Waco,
the vibe I get tells me you wouldn't do such a thing.

P.S. LOL at your post Hitman, so true, if one doesn't agree or understand, then OPINION comes into play.

wow multiple disses in one post, way to hand em out d bag.

I could give a $*%! less about garbage like carp or what anyone does with them....I just felt compelled to tell you how much of a dick you seem like. Also your information is half arsed, talk to a local biologist.

D
Drew9870
LOL :lol: You really had to help bump this thread just to say that, this thread is old news, and I will not continue it.