Oregon coast spear fishing

alainstain

look guys , I am going to the sea of cortez in a couple of months ,I just came back from Cozumel on jan 18th,there is enough fish in mexico to go around ,
I like to keep the expenses low and not pay 2 or 300 a day to go fishing plus my travl expenses ,in which case I would only go one a year ,
prefer to do it like that and be abele to go 3 or 4 times a year , I agree , Oregon waters are not the best ,
I don't want to pay a boat 200 us to take me out in mexico to a place I can easily reach by walking 15 min , and swimming 5 more just because I don't have a partner.
so I want to start making friends with people that would go to the caribean, and or the sea of cortez (baja), so we can partner up and cut our expenses in half just for not having to pay someone to partner up, basically that's what it is with me , plus spending too much money for a boat and gear defeats the purpose of being hunting in the ocean and be one with it !!!!, otherwise I could hire a boat and pole fish while getting drunk on top of the boat , which is also fine just not my thing .
any one interested ?

Seawolf

I’m also new at this and also very old for this sort of sport (66 years old that is) and I’m not able to hold my breath nearly as long as I used to (barely a minute) And I see that The younger guys feel that to use scuba tanks is cheating while spearfishing! But what alternative has a poor old retired senior citizen Got! I could use some advice on this even though this may not be a response to this particula comment?

ryang85

I’m also new at this and also very old for this sort of sport (66 years old that is) and I’m not able to hold my breath nearly as long as I used to (barely a minute) And I see that The younger guys feel that to use scuba tanks is cheating while spearfishing! But what alternative has a poor old retired senior citizen Got! I could use some advice on this even though this may not be a response to this particula comment?
Most free divers are ok with people using scuba responsibly. The main thing that is annoying is when someone on scuba goes and wipes the entire reef of the slower growing vermillion, china and even black rockfish that we work our butts off to get. For me personally the reason I'd rather spearfish instead of rod and reel for rockfish is the ability to get way better quality instead of quantity. If you diving jetties or easy access spots its all open game within limits i would say because the big fish are very few and far between.

Seawolf

I appreciate your response and will keep that in mind when choosing spear fishing locations. I have in my possession 18 for Zodiac that will get me out to some better spots such as the area of the pinnacle. There should be enough room for everybody out there Eh? I would never wanna rub anybody’s fur the wrong way but I’m retiring and want to enjoy life to the fullest and if that is the only way I can do it so be it! I will be a green in responsible Diver! Thanks for your advice!

ryang85

I appreciate your response and will keep that in mind when choosing spear fishing locations. I have in my possession 18 for Zodiac that will get me out to some better spots such as the area of the pinnacle. There should be enough room for everybody out there Eh? I would never wanna rub anybody’s fur the wrong way but I’m retiring and want to enjoy life to the fullest and if that is the only way I can do it so be it! I will be a green in responsible Diver! Thanks for your advice!
There are so few divers in Oregon you would be a perfectly fine scuba diving basically anywhere with a zodiac.

Seawolf

There are so few divers in Oregon you would be a perfectly fine scuba diving basically anywhere with a zodiac.
Thanks for your support and if your anywhere near seaside oregon I’ll be glad to take other people out for similar underwater experiences, ( and nice to have experienced hands on board ) for some of these ventures. I’m working on stripping this older 35 foot motor home on the inside and converting it to strictly a rolling diving bus ( Magic Bus! ),Set up strictly for diving, with all the amenities! What a blast this is going to be! I figure I’ll get a portable bottle filling compressor rigged up so a guy could warm up between dives and get some chow while tanks are filling! Yee haw!