Opinions on Caddis waders

W
wozniasm
Any comments regarding Caddis waders?
I know they're not top of the line but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them.

S
Spydeyrch
wozniasm said:
Any comments regarding Caddis waders?
I know they're not top of the line but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them.

Neos or Breathables?

-Spydey

W
wozniasm
Breathables

18406ej
18406ej
Wozniak-

I had a pair of Caddis breathers that were among the best waders I had. The booties had the built-in gravel guards, never leaked and were comfortable all day. The fabric was tough and leak-free regardless of the number of times I purposely tripped, snagged berry vines or tumbled down rocky slopes just for the fun of it. I think I found mine on the Coleman site in the bargain cave section. Low cost, high quality.

The only problem that I had with them was the difficulty getting them down for urinatory purposes because of the bulk down there. Of course this is a problem with all of the trouser-like garments I have.

Now I yield the floor to those that are going to bash my sentiments, causing my girlish sensitivities and self-confidence to crumble like the Girl Scout Cookies I sold in my youth.

EJ

J
jrbecca
Mine are breathable Caddis, although I'm not sure you're interested in my thoughts about their women's waders...What exactly are you interested in?

W
wozniasm
jrbecca said:
Mine are breathable Caddis, although I'm not sure you're interested in my thoughts about their women's waders...What exactly are you interested in?

Mainly the quality

J
jrbecca
18406ej said:
The only problem that I had with them was the difficulty getting them down for urinatory purposes because of the bulk down there. Of course this is a problem with all of the trouser-like garments I have.

Now I yield the floor to those that are going to bash my sentiments, causing my girlish sensitivities and self-confidence to crumble like the Girl Scout Cookies I sold in my youth.

EJ

ROFL! Sounds like a truly difficult problem to have so much to stuff in your pants. Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I have been happy with the quality of my waders, too. No real complaints other than the words "breathable" and "attractive" being used to sell them...false advertising, especially for women.

W
wozniasm
Thanks for the feedback folks!
I went ahead and ran over at lunch and checked them out.
Went with the next to top of the line they had in stock that has reinforcement in the knee and hynie area.
I was suprised to find that they had stout sizes which is what I needed with short legs.
Would have gotten the top of the line but they seemed like they would be way too warm. They did look good for winter fishing though.

T
Tinker
I have trouble getting the sizing anywhere near right with Caddis breathable or neoprene. In what my size SHOULD be, it's like putting two quarts in a one quart bottle, and in the next size up, the legs are baggier than a Shar-Pei and my feets float around in the booties with an inch too much length and nearly two inches too much width. I don't get it: my feet look pretty average to me and the little kids don't make fun of me when I'm barefooted.

Other than sizing, they're good quality, and if you got yours to fit comfortably, you did good.

I held onto a pair of Caddis waist-high breathable stocking foot waders. If anyone knows how to tailor the booties for a better fit - to get rid of all the folds inside the wading boots - I'm definitely interested.