One for 10/11

R
radiation
I took last week off and had been finishing up a bunch of "honey do's" when I got a text from a friend from work. He was off Thurs, Fri, and Sat and was wanting to do some fishing real bad. So we made a plan to give Siuslaw a try on Friday. We decided that we were not up for the weekend combat fishing so Friday seemed like a good compromise. We were in the water by 7:30AM and headed up by the barge. We wanted to go up farther but we figured if we didn't have our line in the water then we couldn't catch anything. We started there and over the coarse of the day went from the flats to buoy 4 in the bar. We put in 8 hours of fishing and only got one fish. Mine:). My buddy had one but he waited to long to set the hook.:blushing: We seen a lot of fish caught and when we pulled out, I took my lone hen to the cleaning station to give it a quick fillet before we headed back to Eugene. While I was there I must have seen 20 fish waiting to be cleaned. They're there just waiting to be caught. GO GET EM!!:flex:
159.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin and JeannaJigs
E
eugene1
Nice hen you got there, radiation!

Seems like the fish are really coming back heavy to the Siuslaw this year which is so good to see.

Thanks for the post and your pic!

Did you guys get it on herring or spinners?

Best,

J
JeannaJigs
Ohhh hen envy! Awesome to see people getting it done out there.

D
DYJ
Nice fish, radiation!

eugene1 said:
Seems like the fish are really coming back heavy to the Siuslaw this year which is so good to see.

One of the best years I've seen...

My favorite was Roger saying it's kicking fish out like a broken slot machine. :lol:

My buddy Josh (Steelyfishn) and I finally fished upriver for the first time this year and we 1/3 with several other missed bobber downs. But the guys just above us put on a clinic, I bet they had 12+ fish on. Most were Bucks, luckily our only one was a chrome hen.

R
RoryONeal
DYJ said:
Nice fish, radiation!

One of the best years I've seen...

My favorite was Roger saying it's kicking fish out like a broken slot machine. :lol:

My buddy Josh (Steelyfishn) and I finally fished upriver for the first time this year and we 1/3 with several other missed bobber downs. But the guys just above us put on a clinic, I bet they had 12+ fish on. Most were Bucks, luckily our only one was a chrome hen.

I've been skunked on the slaw the last three trips. I need to borrow some mojo...

R
radiation
Thanks guys. Plug cut herring, no flashers, a 6oz dropper on the bottom. I wish I had more time to fish there more but I guess it sucks to be me!:sad:

Reactions: eugene1