OFF to Nestucca. Any advice?

S
Steeliekiller
Never really fished the nestucca or three rivers. Probably hitting the hatchery first. Armed with 1/16 oz jigs an the pink worm.

D
DrTheopolis
Skip Three Rivers.

Plenty of access up and down from the Three Rivers mouth, if you've got waders. Hatchery fish tend to stack there a bit.

I'm not sure if it's still around, but you used to be able to drop a dollar in the box at the property immediately downstream from there. Gives you a little extra area to fish, but it's a little hike.

Above there, I think the hatchery fish aren't as plentiful, but there's all kinds of access, especially if you turn east OFF 101 at Beaver. There's a deadline up there somewhere, but it's quite a ways up.

Good luck.

H
halibuthitman
Regardless of where you fish on the river, fishthe incoming tide, the next 3 days the tide is big enough that its gonna flood hwy 101 in some spots... Fishing is going to be very good, and the fish will be traveling and willing to hit large presentations even in low clear water

D
DrTheopolis
A person could fish right around Cloverdale and intercept them as they hit the head of tide.

Just a thought.

S
Steeliekiller
Thanks for the info. Its a zoo at the mouth of three rivers. Stoped at the hatchery an there was only 3 fish an no one fishing. Sooo headed to wilson an drop a line for an hour or so.

O
OnTheDrop
Floated it today and Monday.. A zoo is an underestimate. Monday was definently better fishing for us.

Stay away from three rivers unless you want to fish with you and 100 of your closest friends. I got word at the takeout that there was only 7 or so fish hooked at the mouth all day. If you want part of that go for it.. Def a few fish around.

Plenty of more access on other coastal rivers with just as many fish..

Good luck!

H
halibuthitman
Yeah, i floated another river farther north, and only saw 1 other boat.. But saw around 30-40 traveling fish.. They are on the move-

O
OnTheDrop
halibuthitman said:
Yeah, i floated another river farther north, and only saw 1 other boat.. But saw around 30-40 traveling fish.. They are on the move-

Dirty dog you, Yeah I spotted a solid dozen fish. They had that blue hue they were so fresh...

One more float on a north coast tomorrow then its work and school for the next week solid..

Hoping to tie into some scrappers,

Good luck all,