NW zone options - take my sacrifice

A
alm21
Oh mighty OFF collective, I humbly bow to you for your guidance and wisdom… ;)
Tomorrow, I am taking the day off to take my 10yr old son for an all day fishing outing. My son has never caught a salmon and I have been working hard to try put him into one. However, my season hasn't gone all that well either. We've hit the Sandy numerous times and I've been scouting Eagle Creek and Clackamas (nemesis waters) in preparation of tomorrow. I've decided that if I am taking a day off work, I might as well go coastal. However, I rarely get out that way and I'm struggling with the options available. I'm planning on going to the Tillamook area as that seems to allow for some jumping around if desired. The challenge is that there are so many choices, I can't settle on one. :think: Any suggestions?
Wilson
North Fork Nehalem
Trask
Miami
Nestucca
**We'll be bank fishing but are geared up with our waders and such.

For such a bold request, I offer to the collective for showing me the way and light, my bike riding goat (also doubles as a backpack for my fellow bank fisherman).

goat.jpg

S
sidehillwinder
Awesome goat! Great pic. Great post. Wish I could help zero you in on the Tillamook area fisheries. My areas of expertise are further South. How 'bout it, peoples? Help him out.

H
Herefishyfishy
I personally would go Nestucca or Trask. I know there are lots o fish in the Nestucca, was there and saw them jumping and rolling at Pacific City in the tidewater. On the North end of town I saw a fair amount of bank access, not sure about further up river but it should be pretty loaded with fish right now. When I'm in Tillamook this time of year I always have to take a peek at the Kilches too.

N
Noahk
I'd probably start at the Nestucca and if I didn't have any luck I'd work my way home along the Wilson. Really, all those are great spots.

A
alm21
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll probably start at the Nestucca and work my way home along the Trask and/or Wilson as Noahk suggests. I'll post a report.

I had a couple hours this afternoon and I decided to hit Cedar Creek on the Sandy. I've avoided CC for the last two years but I figured I'd give it a go considering my lack of luck. To my surprise, there was hardly anyone there when I pulled in around 2:30p. I saw only two people at the meat hole (I think that is what it's called - there were many more by the time I left). Fishing that hole is definitely not my thing so I did some hiking. I found some nice water that I had to myself. Fish were rolling, both dark and some chrome-ish. Watched a guy get one downstream from me. Not too long after that I feel a tug... well after a half-assed hook set attemp on my part, I see a nice size buck go airborne spitting my lure. Many choice words came out of my mouth at that point. "That was my fish" I thought to myself. At this point, I was running late and couldn't fish much longer so I headed on out. Ugghhh. Talk about putting my time in... it's getting ridicolous.

N
Noahk
It sounds like you're about due! Keep at it!