Now that salmon season is coming to an end

T
TnB Sinkers
OK, real quick about me. I make and sell bank sinker fishing weights. I have a few smaller stores and 2 bigger accounts. I have been asked by a couple of my stores to start provideing weights that they can sell for lakes and rivers out of salmon season. Now I ocean fish the most so I have focused my buisness on ocean needs, this year I geared up for river salmon fishing. The bank sinker sizes I have are, in oz; 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 16, 20, 26. I would obviously like to keep my stores happy and continue makeing money locally so my question is, What kind of weights and sizes should I gear up to make for my stores? Any advise would be helpful.

brandon4455
brandon4455

Last edited:
T
TnB Sinkers
You must not have read my full post, my intention is not that of advertising, I have asked a question that I am hopeing for answers to. Sorry if it seems like advertiseing to you.

brandon4455
brandon4455
:doh:

T
TnB Sinkers
nice pictures on your blog by the way

troutdude
troutdude
You're "in business", but haven't looked to see what your competitors are selling? Hmmm...

Why rely on us? You should be doing your own research, if you really want to do well at it.

T
TnB Sinkers
you know, you are not at all very helpful. Think about this for a second, America is afraid of lead so much that all of my competition is in china. China makes everything. I am asking a simple question, but of coarse why would i rely on a bunch of Californian imigrants. Maybe because this forum is for people who fish!!!!!!! Exactly who I want to be asking. What good is it to go look around at chinese inventory to find out what people use in lost creek lake, or applegate river.

B
bigsteel
TnB Sinkers said:
you know, you are not at all very helpful. Think about this for a second, America is afraid of lead so much that all of my competition is in china. China makes everything. I am asking a simple question, but of coarse why would i rely on a bunch of Californian imigrants. Maybe because this forum is for people who fish!!!!!!! Exactly who I want to be asking. What good is it to go look around at chinese inventory to find out what people use in lost creek lake, or applegate river.
you will get some good input,too bad you had to be flamed by the OFF police

J
JeannaJigs
1/2, 1, 2, 3 most commonly found in my tackle bag

P
plumb2fish
For bank sinkers, I like to have a few of all that you have listed up to 4oz....if you really want to make money locally, come up with a way to efficiently produce "spiders" at a good cost for the back bouncers.....

T
TnB Sinkers
Thank you for the advise.

S
skunk
Yeah, spiders would be nice. I would like to see those more for surf fishing. Largest I use is 8oz for the columbia. Usually don't use sinkers much as I don't have a boat and don't plunk too often.

C
CoastieFlo
Lead is expensive and really very little money to be made in it. I really would look for something else to make.