Went to West Kirk pond yesterday.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Never got a hint of a bite, but that's okay.
I'm of the opinion that the Kirk pond isn't more than a couple of feet deep.
If it is deeper than that, it is so weed choked that it may as well not be.
At any rate, the park is nice. They were mowing it yesterday, but being almost entirely deaf, the mowing noise didn't bother me in the least.
The walk around the shore trail was okay, and that's the actual reason for my trip there. I had spent almost the entire day Wednesday putting together a two wheel cart to haul my tackle bag, chair, and pole, out of an old hand truck that had broken wheels. But a couple 8'' Harbor Freight wheels that I had bought for a project that never came to pass were the answer. I also had to make a new axel with a wider wheelbase to accommodate the milk crate basket. Some hose clamps and a few short pieces of 1-1/2 PVC pipe make great pole holders. With 4 of them, I can easily take two poles and have room for other stuff.
I even had an old poly cutting board that I fitted to set up as a small table surface to work on should I need it.
Now I'm ready to shore fish if I decide to go fish some of these lakes or ponds that make you park 1/2 mile from the water.
Very difficult to walk carrying the stuff I need as a disabled person. This cart should help me get around and do a bit more fishing when the water isn't conducive to boating

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Somewhere familiar! There is actually quite a few fish in the main Kirk pond, lots of crappie and bluegill posted from live nightcrawlers

Cart sounds awesome, we use something very similar in Florida for fishing beaches and piers, cooler us usually the hardest thing to lug.

Also seen some really large largemouth pulled out of there, on the dirty and the clear side

Last edited:
Reactions: plumbertom