Nook @ Glenn Otto 10/25

B
Bhaley85
I'm new to the forum, so I figured I would show my first catch out on the Sandy. Not clipped, So I had to release it. Caught it drifting roe. Thinking about heading out to Cedar Creek in the morning, but I know from reading around my chances are probably pretty low of catching a good coho. can't wait for the winter steels to show. :)

n.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum! :peace: Nice looking nate there. I know it's slowing down in most places, but all you need is one good hookup to make you smile all day. I say go for it! And come back with more pics! :D

T
TimberTodd
Welcome aboard and nice catch.

T
the rookie
nice fish

E
eugene1
Bhaley, nice fish there!

Sometimes letting the wild ones go makes me feel good, even if I could have kept them. Anyway, keep at it and welcome to OFF.

Best,

S
skunk
Nice fish, way to get in some more before winters show.

B
Bhaley85
Thanks For welcoming me everyone!

M
Moe
Nice fish! I think I met you there, we were talking about the difference between a bite and rocks, I was on my bike.
Welcome to the forum!

B
Bhaley85
Moe said:
Nice fish! I think I met you there, we were talking about the difference between a bite and rocks, I was on my bike.
Welcome to the forum!

Yea, that was me. How did you do fishing up at Dabney? any luck?

M
Moe
I got into one soreback of a chinook, but that was it. You get anything that day? I remember you had something on for a bit.

B
Bhaley85
Nah, just that one hookup that day. I left shortly after you did. Some guy showed up and started fishing where you were. He had a 11ft pole and was throwing a 20z weight with a spinner downstream across my line. You should have seen it! This guy was holding his pole upside down, and immediately after casting downstream he would crank his line in like there was no tomorrow... I don't know what he was fishing for, but its definitely not a technique that I have heard of.

M
Moe
He was most definitely trying to snag a fish,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
snagging method for sure.

C
champmclean570
snaggin' is lame... I've been skunked every time i went out for steels and coho so far. Still wouldn't resort to snaggin.

D
DrTheopolis
I've heard of that technique... it's exactly what these guys said it is. Should have snapped a pic and made a call.