NFR Marian, ramp & store closed!

troutdude
troutdude
The title is supposed to say Marina. DOH!

When the reservoir, southeast of Estacada, opens for trout Saturday (May 24th), the Promontory Park Marina, store and boat ramp will be closed – until 2016.

PGE is using the area to stage construction equipment for a surface collection system on the reservoir to help the downriver migration of baby salmon and steelhead.

The reservoir, however, is still being stocked with hatchery trout for the spring and early summer seasons (16,000 new catchables by Saturday) and there is limited boat access.

Drive to the reservoir, but turn onto the unimproved Faraday Road short of the marina. There's a rough boat ramp and limited parking.

Trout fishing from the shore can be good throughout late spring.

Last edited:
C
chrisohm
Limited parking...you mean very limited parking once all the boat boys put in and park their rigs. That is not a very large place for anyone to park so if you plan on hitting it up go as early as possible. For any and all bank anglers, its a good sign that boat pressure will be down.

troutdude
troutdude
Not my words (about the boat ramp). Rather the words of Bill Monroe, for the Oregonian.

C
chrisohm
I read that same article this morning! Laughed a bit about the limited parking (for boaters) because it will get stacked up, the bank anglers should do really well this year.

troutdude
troutdude
Ha ha! Small world.

Agreed; it should be a bankie's paradise all of the way through 2016.

X
xtramob
Just read that it opens Saturday and will probably head there instead of Harriet since I'll be fishing off the bank with my father.

S
Seahawkfan
You must be talking about the season and not the ramp.

S
Seahawkfan
Has anyone here been to NFR lately with a boat? If so how was the boat ramp congestion? Thinking about getting some gas and heading that way. I'm thinking it may be doable during the week?

troutdude
troutdude
Send a message to Bigboy70. He was out there about a week ago.