Newport report 3/19 surf fishing

PK Yi
PK Yi
headed out to newport for some redtail action. wind was calm. surf was rough initially, then it died down quickly around noon. managed to land only 2, both were 12". had some really good hits, and lost about 4 good ones. it's good to see they are getting bigger for the spring time spawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
K
killigan
Nice job PK, can't wait to see more of your videos!

Cheers,

killigan

G
Gulfstream
Nice P K I went out Friday to horsefall and only landed 1 but missed several

PK Yi
PK Yi
Gulfstream said:
Nice P K I went out Friday to horsefall and only landed 1 but missed several

nice. never fished at horsefall but the bay across the airport was the hot spot for me when I was younger.

troutdude
troutdude
I probably drove right past you, and didn't know it. I hit Olalla, yesterday, from 6:20-10:20. Then I grabbed breakfast, in Newport, and headed up to L. City. Olalla sucked btw...went 5 for 7. Only saw 4 other fish caught, all friggin' morning.

PK Yi
PK Yi
troutdude said:
I probably drove right past you, and didn't know it. I hit Olalla, yesterday, from 6:20-10:20. Then I grabbed breakfast, in Newport, and headed up to L. City. Olalla sucked btw...went 5 for 7. Only saw 4 other fish caught, all friggin' morning.

been to olalla twice this year so far. skunked both times. no love from that lake.

F
Fishpdx
I tried fishing on friday and it was too calm, no bites. Saturday was really rough, and but I managed to catch 2 striped perch one of them was 3 pounds! the other was a small 12 inch guy.

PK Yi
PK Yi
Carp said:
I tried fishing on friday and it was too calm, no bites. Saturday was really rough, and but I managed to catch 2 striped perch one of them was 3 pounds! the other was a small 12 inch guy.

3#! nice catch. caught one last summer that was just under 2# and I thought that was big. ODFW should start keeping records.

G
Gulfstream
Would that be Jordan cove? Any place in particular? Thanks

PK Yi
PK Yi
Gulfstream said:
Would that be Jordan cove? Any place in particular? Thanks

yea. jordan cover is good. I used to fish with a guy who had a permit to enter that area as it's under homeland security. probably the best spot I found for redtails back then. but now they won't let you in.

G
Gulfstream
Figures.Thanks P K:)