Need some info please

T
tangov559
I'm very new to Oregon here.. here for school and wanted to do some fishing on my free time....A few questions...what kind of fish can i get from Hag lake? I did some reading about catching trout, sunfish, catfish ?? I was wondering if there there's any salmon or stergeon? also, what are some popular places to fish at Hag lake without a boat? Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

G
GDBrown
First OFF, Welcome to the forum. As you search around here for information check the archives about a body of water and check the sections about the kind of fish you want to catch. You will soon find a pattern of what fish are in what type of water. i.e: trout in rivers and lakes, salmon and sturgeon in rivers only. Hagg lake is the largest lake near the metro area and gets the majority of the trout stocked near Portland. Anywhere along the bank you can catch fish, the most popular places are near the restrooms!

Tell us a little more about yourself. Where you're from, where you are now and what kind of fishing you have done in the past. We tend to get sidetracked from time to time (OK all the time) and many of us have strong opinions about different topics (not just fishing). So be patient, be kind, take some things with a grain of salt and try to keep it out of the wounds. Most of all have fun.

GD

T
tangov559
I'm from the Central Valley of California.. I do a lot of trout and striped bass fishing...never tried salmon or sturgeons..just wanted to do some fishing on my free time..thanks for the fast response by the way

F
FullMTLjacket
If you go to boat ramp C at hagg lake you can do a lot of bank fishing for trout....power bait works very well most of the time...kastmasters work well too....

T
tangov559
thanks for the info. I plan to be there early morning saturday...I shall test my luck...!

F
FullMTLjacket
ok cool! I will probably see you there.... : ) good luck!....

T
tangov559
any other recommendation for bait other then power bait? what about using a floater with worms? any luck on that setup?

N
Noahk
tangov559 said:
any other recommendation for bait other then power bait? what about using a floater with worms? any luck on that setup?
Not for trout and not this time of the year. You might pick up a panfish or some bass but if you want to target trout go with PB off the bottom.

L
Lamzy
Are you being a student at Pacific?
KiltedBob

T
tangov559
yep

C
Callaway
ill be out there early saturday morning too prbly around the area of boat ramp c might wander down to one of the points close to that area ill be the guy with a huge tacklebox and an mp3 player goin but not loud say hi if you see me ill say hi back good luck and tight lines