Name this fish???

R
rippin fish lips
Moe said:
BOught my license at DIcks and didn't get no book with it........

a lot of times they dont hand them out now. u gotta ask for it, or u can just grab one. im sure there was one sitting next to you while u bought it.

troutdude
troutdude
LOL. Holy Smokes Moe...I'm sorry, but didn't you look down at the counter in front of you? In most stores, the reg books are near the cash register. And they won't "give" it to you. You have to pick one up. It is YOUR responsibility to have a copy and read it. Not the cashiers!

It just won't work to say..."jeepers officer, the cashier didn't give me a reg book w/ my license"! LOL

J
JeannaJigs
That's a lame excuse man, they're on the counter. Just saying as a responsible angler it's your responsibility to know the regs and to ID a fish. But go ahead and tell the officer dicks didn't hand you a reg book (that is online in it's entirety at odfw.org and made publicly available at every licensing agent)

Tired Of people making excuses or just saying they didn't know. It's seriously lame.

troutdude
troutdude
X 2, x 2, x2, ...........

R
rippin fish lips
JeannaJigs said:
Tired Of people making excuses or just saying they didn't know. It's seriously lame.

ME too! they are at EVERY counter where u buy ur license from, here is a tip... (pick up more then 1 book just incase u lose one u will have the other one!)

J
JeannaJigs
All you have to do is bookmark the odfw reg book online. Obviously you're posting on the Internet so you can't say you don't have Internet access. I can identify a fish so I don't reference their ID charts but I read the regs the night before I fish new water. I also routinely reference the seasonal salmon reg updates. It's not rocket science.

R
rippin fish lips
JeannaJigs said:
I also routinely reference the seasonal salmon reg updates. It's not rocket science.

"It's not rocket science" ha i love that, its so true!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Officer: "Can I see your license sir?"
Me: "Well, you could if you wanted to follow me home so I could get it."
Officer: "You don't have your license!?!"
Me: "No..."
Officer: *sigh* "Did you not see me sitting there?"
Me: "Sitting where!?!"
Officer: "...Right next to the radar display?"
Officer: "Are you aware this is a school zone??"
Me : "Yes. I live right up the road..."
Officer: "Are you aware you were speeding?"
Me: "Actually I was using the radar display to check and make sure my speedometer was accurate."
Officer: "Don't you think it would have wise to check your speedometer at a legal speed?"
Me: "Yeah, that probably would have been wise.."
Officer: *sigh* "Go home, get your license and slow down.."
Me *Woot*!!!

R
rippin fish lips
GraphiteZen said:
Officer: "Can I see your license sir?"
Me: "Well, you could if you wanted to follow me home so I could get it."
Officer: "You don't have your license!?!"
Officer: *sigh* "Did you not see me sitting there?"
Me: "Sitting where!?!"
Officer: "...Right next to the radar display?"
Officer: "Are you aware this is a school zone??"
Me : "Yes. I live right up the road..."
Officer: "Are you aware you were speeding?"
Me: "Actually I was using the radar display to check and make sure my speedometer was accurate."
Officer: "Don't you think it would have wise to check your speedometer at a legal speed?"
Me: "Yeah, that probably would have been wise.."
Officer: *sigh* "Go home, get your license and slow down.."
Me *Woot*!!!

lol

troutdude
troutdude
Frog #1: Bud
Frog #2: Why
Frog #3: Zer

brandon4455
brandon4455
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
This thread has OFFicially been hijacked! :doh: Sheesh...:wall: :tongue: :lol::lol:

M
MIKE (YGA)
this fish is a nook! i was there

H
halibuthitman
Raincatcher said:
This thread has OFFicially been hijacked! :doh: Sheesh...:wall: :tongue: :lol::lol:
hi-jacked....? Im suprised anyone even answered with such a joke of a picture... hey want to look bad? try to answer this question...? sheesh, ok heres one guys, whats in my back pocket right now? given the nature of the question, the text picture he recieved of just the head of a fish being held like that I would have to say that apposed to being a nook or ho, I believe that fish is evidence. oh, and I keep a copy of the regs in the glove box of any boats or cars I own... the car or boat is usally with you if your fishing..... hi-jacked.... more like stockholm syndrome-:rolleyes:

M
MIKE (YGA)
halibuthitman said:
hi-jacked....? Im suprised anyone even answered with such a joke of a picture... hey want to look bad? try to answer this question...? sheesh, ok heres one guys, whats in my back pocket right now? given the nature of the question, the text picture he recieved of just the head of a fish being held like that I would have to say that apposed to being a nook or ho, I believe that fish is evidence. oh, and I keep a copy of the regs in the glove box of any boats or cars I own... the car or boat is usally with you if your fishing..... hi-jacked.... more like stockholm syndrome-:rolleyes:

i no right! lol horrible pic phil_bud. please better pic next time

P
Phil_Bud
halibuthitman said:
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
I post to get replys, views, and hear people's opinions...so thanks halibuthitman.
fish on out there!

P
Phil_Bud
u asked for it

u asked for it

MIKE (YGA) said:
i no right! lol horrible pic phil_bud. please better pic next time
Come on now Mike YGA??? Who took um?

P
Phil_Bud
JeannaJigs said:
People, people, people...know how to ID a fish before you give it the wood shampoo!!! No excuse for not knowing which species is which before hitting the water. Plenty of info in the reg book, you know, that thing they give you with your license...it's not just good for starting fires, its loaded with invaluable information. Also, there's a million posts on here and ifish and other websites
The guy who caught it said it was a chinook...from the pic I couldn't tell...I posted to see what other people thought.
Easy Bud Easy.

Last edited:
P
Phil_Bud
rippin fish lips said:
yep if i was there i woulda knowin it was a ho right off the bat.
Mellow out... I wasn't there...I can tell the difference between a coho and a nook with 1 hand and my eyes closed....I can't when I see a blurry picture some fish...just wondering what kind of fish you thought it was...Thats all...doesn't matter if you were in the boat you woulda known...lol
fish on

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
R
Phil_Bud said:
Mellow out... I wasn't there...I can tell the difference between a coho and a nook with 1 hand and my eyes closed....I can't when I see a blurry picture some fish...just wondering what kind of fish you thought it was...Thats all...doesn't matter if you were in the boat you woulda known...lol
fish on

Don't mind him, RFL. He's getting a little uptight because he's about to lose the Civil War.