My next generations of spinners.

U
ufl
This is my next homemade spinners, im ready for the new season

• P1010012.jpg
troutdude
troutdude
Have you ever read the book, "Spinner Fishing for Steelhead, Salmon, and Trout" by Jed Davis? (Frank Amato / Amato Publications, Portland, Oregon, USA)

If not, I highly recommend getting a copy. You can get one on eBay, and other places online--if you're local tackle shops does not carry that title.

I suggest getting a first, or second, edition...if you can find one. They have better "color plates" (of Jed's designs), than the third edition.

Spinner Fishing for Steelhead Salmon Trout by Jed Davis FRONT.jpg

Last edited:
C_Run
C_Run
I'm sure those will work. The two on the right look like the American Flag version. Did you see Modest Man's Danish flag spinner? (5th from the left)

Do you always use treble hooks? Even though the lures you buy here come with treble hooks, a lot of people substitute them for a single point hook. The idea is to increase the % hook set and also to make it easier to release fish that must be released.

U
ufl
I have the book, but the third edition, those here andbefore was to the low weighted technique. You could use fly tube spinners too,but I will not into fly making too, so that why I’m using all the beads here. I’musing split rings, treble hooks are what I have, and yes some of them will bereplaced with single hook. What is your favorite single hook for trout andsteelheads? And size?

Ulrich

R
rippin fish lips
ufl said:
I have the book, but the third edition,

It's always nice to be able to go back and re-reed some things in this book. I would get your self some metal beads and start using those

U
ufl
I´m already got the metal beads and bodies, the whole point was low weighted spinners because of the fishing technique, new to me and suddenly all in US, and I am member of other forums too, never mind.
I will make lots of spinners as you do and Jed Davisbook.
My lure box is full of spinners, from UK, small luremaking company before I’m starting up.
I will post my catch to you.