My new ride

J
JonT
18406ej said:
Who is the manufacturer?

I was going to give you negative rep because of the Rainier, but I suppose your budget is tight after the boat purchase.

Eamon

Hey, it's a nice break from all the IPA I've had crammed in me since moving here. The boat is custom, not sure who built it.

D
DrTheopolis
You'll have the best looking boat on the river.

Lower Clackamas is an easy place to learn.

my2labs
my2labs
That is pretty! (Lady too) [emoji13]. I'm in the very early stages of s restore and can only hope it's close to that pretty when done. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my2labs
my2labs
buddah426 said:
is it wrong that i go out to the shop and sit on this for 10-15 min dreaming of reeling in fish then come inside and look at pics of it? o feel like a kid on xmas morn!!!

Haaaa! I do the same thing to my project boat! Wife makes fun of me all the time. I tell her if she keeps it up, I'll charge her for trips on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
bagold53
I have taken my Toon (Outfitter XT) down from McIver. I have seen a bent oar (Cheap oar that came with a Costco toon). Poor planning on my part, as we spent most of the day between McIver boat launches and when we noticed how late it was we made a dash down a section that we probably shouldn't have. I also had a friend almost flip going over a set of rapids below or around eagle creek. I was fine on said rapids, but scared my fishing buddy bad enough he wont go again. It can be dangerous but if you keep your head and check any rapids that come up before hitting them it is possible. Its always good to have a kit with a replacement for most of the little parts and patches.

Modest_Man I have wanted to do the Dodge park to Oxbow. what are the main concerns on this stretch for a toon?

B
Billamicasr
buddah426 said:
bladders or skins? not sure about the bladders but the skins are vinyl w/ the pvc reenforced bottoms

The bladders are probably vinyl as the original cost would not support the urethane. Vinyl is good, but wont withstand over pressurization like urethane. Also can suffer from crease leaks, meaning if the bladder gets folded over and put under pressure then left that way for an extended time it can lead to failure where the crease was made. The advice would be; do not allow it to get over pressured and don't leave the tubes inflated for days on end.

It used to be that Outcast Urethane bladder boat, the PAC series, were made in Idaho. My Pac1000 was made there, but that was over 10 years ago.
When I went looking to buy one this time, I found out all FishCat and small PAC series are made in China; big disappointment. The larger Pac1200, 1300 & 1400 are made by Aire in Idaho.

My new one is a PAC900 with Urethane bladders, made in China and still cost a pile of money. It carries the 10 year no fault warranty, but if you read the fine print you'll find the frame has no warranty at all. At first the frame warranty on the Outcast made me cautious, but one E-mail to Aire and I find none of the frames sold for Aire boats (they are made by NRS) have a warranty either. All Aire boats are still made in America.

It's true a pontoon can suffer a puncture, but so can rafts, float tubes or any inflatable; caution with any of those would be the best insurance against a disaster.