Muskie and bass fishin!

M
muskieguide
I'm thinkin bout organizing a trip for fellow OFFers to my hometown for a couple days of muskie and bass fishin on Lake Tapps WA. Lake Tapps is full of monster muskie, small and largemouth bass. Depending on our spring, mid-late June will be the best bet. I've guided the lake over 10 years and in 2 hard days of fishin I promise you'll have lot's of fish pics to develop. I can meet everyone prior to the trip and show pics of muskies up to 60" in length and put on a quick clinic. It's a beautifull lake taylor fitted for bass and muskie. The lake also has tons of carp, kokanee, crappie, perch, bullhead cats, suckers, trout, and huge crawdads. A lot of your bass gear will also work for the muskies. Anyhow, let me know here if you're interested and we'll go from there.

R
ryan808
Sounds like an awesome opportunity, sign me up.

T
tomriker
id go depending if im busy at work or not.. and if my wife will let me :)

F
Finneus Polebender
You know I want another shot at it count me in!

C
Coastaldweller
I would love a shot at a muskie, though I don't have a boat.

C
colbypearson
I might be interested in going, just depends on time!

G
gloomis85
I woudlnt mind adding a muskie to my list, Im ready.

H
Hendo30
sounds like a good time, like others.......depending on time.

M
muskieguide
Lookin at the last week of June. The Smallmouth will be goin crazy then also. Lot's of bass in there over 5lbs. That time of year also produces the bigger muskies too. Lot's of fish in the 40s. The lake is full of stump fields and almost completely surrounded by docks. Has a ton of coves, inlets outlets, and every kind of structure you can think of. If you go once, you'll want to make it an annual trip

C
colbypearson
muskieguide said:
Lookin at the last week of June. The Smallmouth will be goin crazy then also. Lot's of bass in there over 5lbs. That time of year also produces the bigger muskies too. Lot's of fish in the 40s. The lake is full of stump fields and almost completely surrounded by docks. Has a ton of coves, inlets outlets, and every kind of structure you can think of. If you go once, you'll want to make it an annual trip

That time frame sounds good to me, maybe I could carpool up with someone in this thread..Chris? Ryan? Dave? haha

I want a big swimbait Musky!

T
tomriker
well unfortunately im out, that's the busy season for us farmers :/

R
ryan808
sounds good for me, my truck is open to rides

M
muskieguide
They do love them swimbaits. Unfortunately they love smaller baits too. Very costly to the bass fishermen up there. We get a lot of em on senkos too

brandon4455
brandon4455
if there is anyone i can ride with that is coming up i am in. and might be able to pitch on gas..muskie and bass on the fly..ill have to use wirebite toothy critter leaders for the muskie LOL

H
hawgcaller
I am down, I have a few seats open too if this all works out. Carpool is definitely the way to go for a big trip to washington, lol.

brandon4455
brandon4455
muskieguide, how much is a one day liscense?

M
muskieguide
You'll want a 2 day license and theyre about 10.00 for that. I'm workin on a campsite now as we speak. Dont use a wire leader... they wont hit it. Use 100lb floro leader. Wait til you see the pics tho. these guys got teeth for days

brandon4455
brandon4455
10 bucks isn't bad at all.. sounds fun! ive seen some crazy videos of those fish.. wouldnt mind sight casting to some carp too

C
colbypearson
Bank fishing trip or are guys bringing boats?

probably a stupid question haha.

brandon4455
brandon4455
idk if i want to put the float tube in water with 60 inch muskie....