Mike Pierce in action!

J
john montana
I was lucky enough to spot legendary OFF member, bow hunter (no such thing as bow fishing mike) and spear hunting expert in action the other day out shooting AT (emphasis on shooting...not hitting) a few carp. None other than our very own Mike Pierce (by the way...Mike has a fight in Oct...wish him luck, or tell him to smash the guys face in...)

clip_image001_zps2db103fc.jpg

M
MikePierce170
This is an ACTUAL photo of the legendary OFF member, UFC Fighter, and general bad ass Mike Pierce

This was taken yesterday on Fairview Lake. I saw a handful of carp jumping and rolling. But I couldn't get close to any of them because of the shirt I wore :lol:. Honestly I'm not sure what they were more afraid of, me or the t-shirt. Please take note of how awesome my kayak is haha. Hummingbird fish finder is mounted. Custom mounted Larry Chair to make standing up and sitting down a breeze. My bow resting in front of me. Oh, and best of all... John Montana doesn't own one! Be jealous my friend haha.

On a side note. The lake was only 4ft deep and 71 degrees. Pretty f'n pitiful if you ask me. I did find one "deep" spot at a whopping 8ft. Maybe earlier in the summer this place would be good for carp but not now. The water was also so brown that the red part of my paddle would disappear not even half way down.

Now back to John. Everyone should come to expect these honest mistakes of his considering his advanced age and poor eye site. He doesn't tell people this often but the real reason he almost exclusively fishes for carp is because they'll eat anything. Including his poorly tied flies :lol:

J
john montana
MikePierce170 said:
He doesn't tell people this often but the real reason he almost exclusively fishes for carp is because they'll eat anything. Including his poorly tied flies :lol:

That part i'll give you...the rest of that post must have come right after a sparring session. You get tagged a few times today?

M
MikePierce170
I think the part about you not owning a kayak is true too lol. I pretty sure the only way you'll be able to haul a kayak is if you get a trailer for it since a roof rack wont work on your Jeep. But doesn't that thing have the same tow capacity as a Kia Soul :lol:

H
halibuthitman
I personaly thought that the navajo shirt and turquoise bow really made your eyes "pop" the boots got a little too much Bon Jovi action for my taste but to each his own. Good luck on your next fight mike, but any guy man enough to wear that out-fit doesn't need luck..

S
spoonjedi
Am new to OFF, but not the UFC...
Lookin forward to that arm being raised on Oct 5th!

J
john montana
halibuthitman said:
I personaly thought that the navajo shirt and turquoise bow really made your eyes "pop" the boots got a little too much Bon Jovi action for my taste but to each his own. Good luck on your next fight mike, but any guy man enough to wear that out-fit doesn't need luck..

Hah!

V
Van
Love the fanny pack Mike, it really compliments your snakeskin cowboy boots. Big thumbs up on the rockin mullet. Reminds me of mine back in the 80s, when i still had hair...

MikePierce170 said:
Now back to John. Everyone should come to expect these honest mistakes of his considering his advanced age and poor eye site. He doesn't tell people this often but the real reason he almost exclusively fishes for carp is because they'll eat anything. Including his poorly tied flies :lol:

:lol:

btw, if you two love birds need a tow, i can tow both his jeep and your ridgeline to where ever you need to go. At the same time....

Last edited:
I
igquick
Kick his a$$ mike...funny thread

M
MikePierce170
Van said:
btw, if you two love birds need a tow, i can tow both his jeep and your ridgeline to where ever you need to go. At the same time....

At least you're good for something Van. John told me you couldn't catch a carp to save your life lmao :lol:

L
lilsalmon
Good luck on the 5th.....leave the mullet and boots at home though.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
GL Mike :cool:

C
ChezJfrey
I must say, the banter between John and Mike always cracks me up. It's comedy improv that couldn't be matched by even professional scripting.

J
john montana
Mike is just mad because I only tell him where the little carp live.

I
igquick
ChezJfrey said:
I must say, the banter between John and Mike always cracks me up. It's comedy improv that couldn't be matched by even professional scripting.

Couldnt agree more, like an old married couple

V
Van
MikePierce170 said:
At least you're good for something Van. John told me you couldn't catch a carp to save your life lmao :lol:

lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Lol @ this thread.