Mecca flats death!

F
FlyBum
Ya, I'm sure there is a lot more to the story then we currently know. More will be certainly come out later.

F
FlyBum
lilsalmon said:
there is a girl here that also does not have one. When I grow up I am going to have one like eggs........

Are you calling me a girl? because I don't carry a firearm either. I haven't found it necessary yet.

E
eggs
lilsalmon said:
there is a girl here that also does not have one. When I grow up I am going to have one like eggs........

:lol:

S
steelhead_slayer
Was watching the news on this last night. Sounds like a couple drunks guys with nothing to loose out looking for trouble. Got to be careful in that area.

B
bigsteel
drunk guys around the reservation,,couldnt be:D

S
steelhead_slayer

Last edited:
C
colt
I have heard of these stories or at least ones of people being forced out of a spot by threat or intimidation. One of the many reasons for me in the market for a pistol.

C
ChezJfrey
lilsalmon said:

Like eggs' girl? Or gun? ;)

T
troutjunkie88
bigsteel said:
drunk guys around the reservation,,couldnt be:D

Cmon man I know that's a joke but its ****ing offensive. I'm sure you would be drunk if you got kicked off your homeland by some white guys and stuck in a pen.

S
steelhead_slayer

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
troutjunkie88 said:
Cmon man I know that's a joke but its ****ing offensive. I'm sure you would be drunk if you got kicked off your homeland by some white guys and stuck in a pen.

where in my post did i say anything about a certain race of people?

S
steelhead_slayer
I'm sorry that you and anyone else was offended. I think most people know that stereotypes are stupid and incorrect

M
Mad dog
bigsteel said:
where in my post did i say anything about a certain race of people?

Tribal members....they look like a couple of fine upstanding fellows! :rolleyes:

M
Mad dog
steelhead_slayer said:
I'm sorry that you and anyone else was offended. I think most people know that stereotypes are stupid and incorrect

Or they are spot on!!! There is a reason that a lot of native Americans live in poverty....and it's not because I have or anyone else on this forum is screwing them over! :think:

My Daughter is 1/4 Klamath Indian, I know them well, a lot of the tribe down there have a very strange mindset! It's a wierd thing!

S
steelhead_slayer
I grew up close to Warmsprings. Some people do fit the stereotype some don't. These two low-lifes probably fit the stereotype pretty closely

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah...there was crime scene tape all over the damn place. I was going to go over there Wednesday morning by myself, and set up camp waiting for friends...well tuesday night plans fell through and people couldn't make it, so i went to washington a couple of days and we headed over friday morning about 3 am, got there around 7:30 and trout creek was full (super irritating as it's not a fun place to get to), so checked out mecca flats, and we saw the tape but didn't think anything of it at first, definitely didn't think homicide, thought someone stole a car and left it, and they didn't remove the tape when they towed the vehicle. Mecca was suprirsingly full too so we drove around looking for a campground, and ended up staying up at lake simtustus where we were told that there had been a homicide. I took pictures of the tunnel before I knew what happened, 'cause it was a creepy lookin' spot, but kinda historic and cool too. Meh. Glad I was not camping alone wednesday.

I carry, I didn't for a while after i had to sell my gun, and I had so many shady interactions with people when I've been fishing by myself, that it got to the point where I didn't feel comfortable going out to remote places. I think people are less inclined to approach someone visibly carrying a large .40 handgun. definitely was packing this weekend though!

O
OnTheFly
troutjunkie88 said:
I always thought Warm Springs was a thriving place. They have tons of money and the reservation is hardly a pen. It is probably one of the best pieces of real state on Oregon. Just like anywhere else, there are those that refuse to be a part of it which ultimately leads to crime. This is case in point so no one's being offensive here just stating a fact about a few outcasts in a particular society.

T
the_intimidator03
troutjunkie88 said:

Well I will start off saying... words are just words. If you want to take them to heart so be it. You are the one who lets them get to you.

That being said I do agree it is a sterotype but.... if you don't like the sterotype, don't fit the bill. I think people are overtly sensitive for no apparent reason anymore

M
Modest_Man
JeannaJigs said:
Yeah...there was crime scene tape all over the damn place. I was going to go over there Wednesday morning by myself, and set up camp waiting for friends...well tuesday night plans fell through and people couldn't make it, so i went to washington a couple of days and we headed over friday morning about 3 am, got there around 7:30 and trout creek was full (super irritating as it's not a fun place to get to), so checked out mecca flats, and we saw the tape but didn't think anything of it at first, definitely didn't think homicide, thought someone stole a car and left it, and they didn't remove the tape when they towed the vehicle. Mecca was suprirsingly full too so we drove around looking for a campground, and ended up staying up at lake simtustus where we were told that there had been a homicide. I took pictures of the tunnel before I knew what happened, 'cause it was a creepy lookin' spot, but kinda historic and cool too. Meh. Glad I was not camping alone wednesday.

I carry, I didn't for a while after i had to sell my gun, and I had so many shady interactions with people when I've been fishing by myself, that it got to the point where I didn't feel comfortable going out to remote places. I think people are less inclined to approach someone visibly carrying a large .40 handgun. definitely was packing this weekend though!

So was that you who pulled into our campsite at Trout Creek at 3am Friday? Sure woke me up whoever it was! Lots of people coming in looking for spots all night. We took one of the $25 group spots as there were only two spots left at 3pm on Thursday afternoon, and it allowed us to launch directly from the campsite.

J
jimmy
troutjunkie88 said:
I'm sure you would be drunk if you got kicked off your homeland by some white guys and stuck in a pen.

now that's offensive.... (not really, just dumb)

see : mayflower, civil war, australia...

who kicked the irish off thier homeland? ( I KID... of course )

pull the reigns, your getting ahead of yourself..... deschutes crossing (and the Rainbow Market) can be a sketchy place. be careful, be safe.