Mckenzie gives one up

S
steelhead_stalkers
Why not just use the best for everything!?!

J
JeannaJigs
steelhead_stalkers said:
Why not just use the best for everything!?!

$$$$

Or lack thereof.

S
steelhead_stalkers
JeannaJigs said:
$$$$

Or lack thereof.

Sorry, I was referring to custom spinners that are cheaper than blue foxes. :D Many people go out and buy these (blue fox) when there are better and cheaper ways to make or buy quality spinners.

When I lived down in CA I would use #6 blue foxes for Springer fishing the feather river and pay $6 a piece for those stupid things!! I then found out about other custom spinners and not only how much cheaper they were but I was out-fishing all the people around me.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
I haven't bought spinners in a longgg time, I hardly ever use them, perhaps I should. Used to be there wasn't a whole lot of options locally, now there is. But when you're at Bi-Mart...there they are. Though again, there are other options these days. My dad somehow ended up with almost 200 different blue fox spinners from a guy he works with, so...that's where my stock has been coming from when I do toss a spinner, since he doesn't even fish anymore, he won't miss 'em. They do require quite a bit of tuning from the get go, and are generally a pain, and while I've never hooked into a steelhead with one, I've caught quite a few coho with 'em.

F
FishSchooler
You shoulda seen this one guy up here in LO one Joe's final day. He took an estimated 300 GDFs! My mom wanted to buy the rest of the corkies/spin n glows (about 10 racks of them)...

Badfish
Badfish
Nice fish. Did you bank fish or drift it? How's the water level look?

B
bluefoxfan
Fishing from the bank. The water level still looks good, but not sure how boating from Leaburg dam down would be. This time of year you may hit a few rocks.