Mckenzie close to town

M
Mokai
One time years ago Troutski and I went fishing in this area one summer day..We decided we would forge a new trail to try and find some untouched water..Not a good idea !!! We did find some fishy water and had a great time, but by the time we got back to the car, we were ripped to hell by blackberries, burning from Stinging Nettles and just plain whooped..Great memories though...

Reactions: 18406ej
Troutski
Troutski
I remember...

I remember...

I believe my legs are still numb from the nettles.....thanks for the memory jolt. :D
Chuck

M
mlw
I had just a moments nettle brush last time I was there, made me instantly careful - I have more than a few of those "forging the trail" memories from youth (long ago now, but still there)
Michael

T
TTFishon
I kind of like the sting from the stinging nettle. Sometimes I rub my arms in it just to feel the tingle.

D
Drice
Thuggin4Life said:
Bums are people too. Not all of them are how you would expect them to be. Unexpected events happen in life that can be life changing. I have been close to being a bum myself.

That is true but it doesn't make me feel any less secure carryin a bullet tosser. I am not as worried about the bums as I am some of the other people I run into in some of those obscure little nook fishin holes especially the ones near town. I have been down there once just to look around sounds like I need to go check it out again didn't realize the fishin was that good there.

sorry didn't realize this post was so old

Last edited:
Y
yellowjacket
Been Homeless

Been Homeless

Thuggin4Life said:
you couldn't be more right. I have even hung out with bums before. Maybe its because of my shady past but i feel for them. And for karma i give bums change and smokes and beer all the time if and when i can and it pays off. Gave a guy like $1 in change a week ago and i ended up giving a guy a ride in my boat and towing him last weekend and got $20 Karma that's the proof.

I ended up homeless for a short time in Coos Bay due to a series of unfortunate events. This was in the late '70s. I lived in a bird sanctuary up behind Oregon Institute of Marine Biology in Charleston near the old Coos Head Navy Base. I was by myself, there was a hobo jungle in town on the tracks but that was the old school hobo who traveled & drank & did odd jobs for $. So I can tell you first hand about finding yourself on the street. I hit the boat basin twice everyday, landed a job at Alaska Packers & got back on my feet.
I fished this spot just a couple weeks ago. A couple of the homeless guys were about & were good natured, like JJ's post. All you need to do normally if you are in their camp is basically let them know you are just passing through to get to the fishin' hole. It's their "home" so it is like asking permission from a land owner to cross his lot. But as some of us have discovered there are some locations as JJ found in the Semi-success on the Willamette in Eugene thread that you can find yourself in harms way.
Like Bucknasty & Drice posted there are a growing number of incidents that has made me wonder if we Offers shouldn't start a thread "Danger Zones" to give notice when one of us has found themselves in a bad situation so others will not be caught off guard or will not go alone to these spots. :pray: