Lost !!! My new pole and reel ! Riverside

F
fourgotten
PDXKush said:
So the pole is safe and sound and has been found by an amazing Oregonian.

:clap:

Awesome, man!!!!

B
BobberDown
see man now that is good carma the startto a good year of fishing good luck with your inter view man
take it easy Dan

P
PDXKush
Thanks Dan.

H
Hawk
Bro, yuu had REELy Great Luck.........................:clap::clap::clap:...............................:D:D:D.............................:cool::cool::cool:

C
chodathug
Nice Kush! I'm so glad for ya!!!

P
PDXKush
Thanks everyone...I really appreciate the kind words...I'm going to make sure this never happens again.

O
OBP Turtle 33
If you do lose a rod make sure its on a really big fish :p I had a big largemouth yank my SB setup out of my hands I swan dove off the front of my bass boat cell phone wallet and all grabbed it I wasn't about to lose a $250 Calcutta and a $100 Okuma Rod go without a fight. Nice job getting your rod back it makes you feel good knowing there are still good people out there.

P
PDXKush
Yes it does. This lady was awesome and beautiful. I had started to lose hope in people back when I lived in So.Cal but here in Oregon that has surely changed. I'll be out on the Clack all day tomorrow celebrating getting my pole back. Come and join me all for some fun at the top of the drift. Corkies and yarn will be my choice. Peace

C
chodathug
You talkin riverside then tomorrow?
I'm headed to High rocks and Cross after work...1 hour and 38 mins and counting...

C
chodathug
OBP Turtle 33 said:
If you do lose a rod make sure its on a really big fish :p I had a big largemouth yank my SB setup out of my hands I swan dove off the front of my bass boat cell phone wallet and all grabbed it I wasn't about to lose a $250 Calcutta and a $100 Okuma Rod go without a fight. Nice job getting your rod back it makes you feel good knowing there are still good people out there.

lol! Nice work..Did you get the fish too?

P
PDXKush
chodathug said:
You talkin riverside then tomorrow?
I'm headed to High rocks and Cross after work...1 hour and 38 mins and counting...

Ya I'll be @ Riverside tomorrow if its slow I may finish up @ Cross Park. Maybe Ill see you there bro. Kush

C
chodathug
Cool - actually I'm going to High Rocks today...
But probably tomorrow too!:D

Hey man have you got any from the bank yet at Riverside? Man I've been there like at least 10 times in the last couple weeks trekking all over that park and no luck...floating roe, coons, shrimp, throwing spinners, spoons, drifting the above...and haven't landed one...had one back in April for a sec, but that's it. maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I usually fish in the evenings after work...I wonder if my luck would be better early morning?

P
PDXKush
My first steel was caught just north of the blair hole on coons. I just feel like I dont want to run from the hole yet because it is not producing. Weve had some strange weather but I really feel over the next couple of weeks the #'s will appear. If not you may see me somewhere else. But I will continue to search for down low spots that not many people frequent (Good luck I know). So well find more spots as the season goes on.

O
OBP Turtle 33
unfortunately no I was wrapped in like 3 trees from that fish and because I was already wet I followed the line down and got my swimbait back as well "$40 I wasn't about to lose it either lol" I managed to catch a couple fish after that too before it got dark I am just glad it was August and that didn't happen in March it might be a different story then. lol

Oregon has a lot of nice people in it "great anglers!" but dont let your gaurd down I get weary fishing the banks alone sometimes I have had some pretty shady characters come up to me in some places when I was younger that I am more than glad my dad was there or at least in shouting distance. I have never had a problem with fellow anglers though "a part from seeing drunken fights over salmon on the Rogue but that has changed a lot plus I was fly fishing for huige trout so I was ok lol"

I am glad you got your stuff back its terrible losing a rod and reel and I am sure i am not the only one who has made the same mistake sometimes you just set things down and bounce only to get a sinking feeling when you realize it miles away driving home.

Catch some fish!!!

D
Dichrofisher
Just read this post from start to finish, very inspiring! Glad you got the rod back.

P
PDXKush
Thanks buddy. Hope your glass work is going well.

M
metalmania
PDXKush said:
My first steel was caught just north of the blair hole on coons. I just feel like I dont want to run from the hole yet because it is not producing. Weve had some strange weather but I really feel over the next couple of weeks the #'s will appear. If not you may see me somewhere else. But I will continue to search for down low spots that not many people frequent (Good luck I know). So well find more spots as the season goes on.[/QUOT

Ya man don't give up her yet, there's definitely fish in there, it just takes some time to learn the water. But with your luck you shouldn't have a problem;).