Looking to get a used drift boat . . .

D
DirectDrive
$1600 sounds like a very good deal.
My Baker DB trailer alone cost that much.

The Clackacraft Magnum was designed to be a "planing DB".....Alumaweld countered with the "AlumaDrifter".
The idea was to have a DB that would float down and power back up. They couldn't really "power back up" in all the conditions you may encounter on a float and the design faded away.
Because of the wide stern that was necessary for planing, they were not as "rowable" as a conventional DB design.

I think that they would still may a nice combination boat. Good with a motor on a lake or for trolling for Springers.
It would be OK to float with, just wouldn't want to do too much plug-pulling were holding in current is required.

J
jdflores311
It's no wonder the boat is in such good shape . . . turns out it's a 2002. Much newer than I expected . . .

Irishrover
Irishrover
jdflores311 said:
It's no wonder the boat is in such good shape . . . turns out it's a 2002. Much newer than I expected . . .

Holly smokes!!!!!!!!!! That sounds like a great deal. Like DirectDrive said his trailer alone cost $1600. My trailer runs about $1,500.

Last edited:
J
jdflores311
Irishrover said:
Holly smokes!!!!!!!!!! That sounds like a great deal. Like DirectDrive said his trailer alone cost $1600. My trailer runs about $1,500.

Yeah . . . I went ahead and gave the seller a deposit to hold it for me until the end of the month when my tax return is scheduled to be deposited . . . Unless the IRS somehow screws me, about this time next week I should be the owner of my first DB!!

Thanks to everyone for their opinions/input/advice!!!

L
loubob
Drifter

Drifter

I have owned wood and glass, used alum and the others.
Glass is quiet and light to move over rocks.
I'm not going to get another but if I did, Clack!;)