Of course I was tired.

back to fishing........

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Looks pretty risky to me!:lol:

Y
youngbuck307
Yea thats like not the best idea i think lol. you might get lucky if the fish dont flip the pole the reel might stop it..... for a min at least lol

T
tnffishman
yeah but sturgeon don't usually slam the rod. I think it would be easy to catch sturgeon from those because you could set the hook straight outta the holder instead of sliding it out the normal holders

K
Kodiak
That rod holder...no way! I would use a fishon! rod holder...they will lock your rod into place...as far as the scent spinner i beileve it would be a waste of time for sturgeon. Would try letting your bait sit in pro-cures sturgeon cocktail scent..good stuff. I also like to use smelt...They have a good scent in the water, and i know that its something the pike fisherman use up there so try that, it would be something they are used to seeing dead on the bottom and not all that unfamiliar to them.

A
autofisher
Kodiak said:
That rod holder...no way! I would use a fishon! rod holder...they will lock your rod into place...as far as the scent spinner i beileve it would be a waste of time for sturgeon. Would try letting your bait sit in pro-cures sturgeon cocktail scent..good stuff. I also like to use smelt...They have a good scent in the water, and i know that its something the pike fisherman use up there so try that, it would be something they are used to seeing dead on the bottom and not all that unfamiliar to them.

You could use that or you could make a deal with one of your fancy midgets and let them out for the day as long as they promise to be your personal rod holder

S
Sturgeon Excursion

Last edited:
K
Kodiak
autofisher said:
You could use that or you could make a deal with one of your fancy midgets and let them out for the day as long as they promise to be your personal rod holder

I only let the super fancy midgets hold my rods, or occasional gnome. I tried it with trolls once while plunking for chinook but they ate the cork of my rod butt. The problems with gnomes is once they set the hook they won't give it back and they are just too quick to catch.

A
autofisher
Kodiak said:
I only let the super fancy midgets hold my rods, or occasional gnome. I tried it with trolls once while plunking for chinook but they ate the cork of my rod butt. The problems with gnomes is once they set the hook they won't give it back and they are just too quick to catch.

I hate it when they do that. It's like you owe them something for holding the pole!

Y
youngbuck307
Kodiak said:

lmfao you always make me smile :D

T
Troutier Bassier
Hahaha, Same Here.