Lake Selmac questions

B
Bikinjoe
My son and I are headed to Lake Selmac to hangout this coming weekend, bringing the boat and looking to fish. We like to fish for Bass, Crappie, Blue Gill and others. Not much on the trout except C&R.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any pointers for this lake as it's our first trip there, coming from Eugene....

Are there catfish in the lake as well?

Thanks for any input, favor returned if you make it to Eugene area!

T
Throbbit _Shane
There are bull heads in there, caught one on a senko awhile back. IV done alright with senkos there.

BTW that's a long drive from Eugene.

B
Bikinjoe
Yep, long drive. It we've been exploring other places in Oregon and it caught our interest. I've driven through high the zone a ton and figured it's time to stop. Thanks for the info.

C
Choptech
Selmac is a great lake. I have caught bass literally everywhere in the lake, and lots of them. For the big ones focus on the grass beds, also near the dam can produce on deep diving cranks. I will be making a trip down there in the next few weeks as well. good luck down there!

D
DrTheopolis
Bikinjoe said:
Not much on the trout except C&R.

I'm sooooo bustin' your chops, but...

you're willing to eat the bass, crappie, and bluegill... but the trout get C&Red?

Awesome. Good luck.

T
taconight2night
I caught about a 5lb bass there years ago that was hanging out under the first dock you come to on the main road. It's shaped like an "H". I have also caught plenty of crappie on little jigs on that dock. Good luck!