Klamath River Rainbows

F
fishfry
Oh I wish I had it to myself sometimes lol. The Sprague I have most of the places I like to myself because there isn't a ton of pressure from other fishermen there. The one I got the other day was on the lake though and there were three or four other ppl fishing within 30 ft of me. Just luck of the draw there I guess. Klamath River gets quite a few ppl when the weather gets nice which is why I don't mind fishing it in the winter when theres two ft of snow and its nasty because then I have the whole river all to my lonesome lol.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
nice bow. sure it isn't a steelhead? i bet if you told somebody it was they would believe you LOL

F
fishfry
Lol. Well in that case check out that 28 inch non ocean accessible Oncorhynchuss Mykiss Steelhead I caught out of the Klamath Lake ;p.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
fishfry said:
Lol. Well in that case check out that 28 inch non ocean accessible Oncorhynchuss Mykiss Steelhead I caught out of the Klamath Lake ;p

:lol: :D

F
fishfry
Spoon fed

Spoon fed

Well the saying holds true, spooning leads to forking :) Hit up the Klamath again this Saturday. There were about five or six ppl fishing next to eachother on the bank. Most of them had been there since 5 in the a.m. and no fish landed. After a couple hours of nothing on frozen minnows I grabbed my other pole and threw on a silver and orange parkers spoon. I have never really used a spoon more than a couple times and have never caught fish on them, which I told my fishing buddy. Walked down the bank 40ft or so and started working it slow. On about my seventh cast or so this nice bow decided he was hungry. Nice fight on 6lb line and netted smoothly by my buddy Aaron. All in all a very nice day

• feesh.jpg
Last edited:
H
Hawk
She is a reel beauty Bro.
Well Done.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

troutdude
troutdude
Yet another NICE fish, logged into the Fishfry catalog!

F
fishfry
Well got two more this week, a 26 and a 20 from the lake. Got the 26 on minnows and the 20 on a spoon. The 26 looks pretty beet up in the pic but it was pretty when caught. Was pretty windy today but sunny and otherwise not to bad :)

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
nice!!!

O
OnTheFly
Exellent! Did they jump at all?

F
fishfry
No. None of the lake bows I've caught have even hinted at jumping.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
Sweet...we are headin there on Saturday...to the river...hope it doesn't snow like the forcast says.

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Sweet...we are headin there on Saturday...to the river...hope it doesn't snow like the forcast says.

catch a 20incher on a dry for me! :lol: have fun rose hope you guys get some bigguns! :D

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
catch a 20incher on a dry for me! :lol: have fun rose hope you guys get some bigguns! :D

Thanks...I plan on it....been in the house doing homework all week.....ready to hit the water

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Thanks...I plan on it....been in the house doing homework all week.....ready to hit the water

you desserve a break from that pain in the butt medical coding :lol: should be looking at fish not homework! in other news, sorry for the hijack once again..steelhead size rainbows.. nicely done! :clap:

F
fishfry
Thanks all. Lilsalmon, you may want to plan a little differently and hit the lake instead. The rivers are all blown out and they are letting out 2-4000 cubic feet a second. If its over 1200 cfs its not worth hitting the river as it will be off color and way to high. On the lake I fish minnows, spoons and rapalas. If your only flyfishing id say large strip leach or minnow patterns. Most of the fish are close in (1-50 ft out) feeding from what I've seen. Any questions feel free to hit me up and hope you tie into some fish :)

Last edited:
F
fishfry
P.s. all those fish hit between 11 and 1130 in the a.m. I am still very new to fishing the lake itself so you may want to read some of the threads on it and ask some more experienced ppl as well. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
F
fishfry
Well didn't do any good on the lake sunday. Was cold and windy. Only had one good takedown all day. Can't wait for the klamath river to drop but doubt it will before closing on June 16. Sprague is now back up as high or higher than before so im thinking it might begin to pick up mid June if were lucky.

Last edited:
W
waco
Nice report like always!!! Man you always getting big fish out that lake!!! Do you ever catch any smaller fish???

F
fishfry
Not on the lake. Went to lake of the woods over the weekend and got a mess of planters. Got 2 about 19 inches also. My girl got the first nice one and I was glad, until I realized her and her daughter weren't going to stop making fun of me for only catching little ones lol. Later in the evening I caught a nice fat 19 incher and they backed off lol. Everyone had a good time and the fish tasted great :)

Last edited: