Klamath River Rainbows

N
nwkiller
that goes both ways, you head my way and we can go as well

F
fishfry
Well had a job in klamath today so hit the river for a bit when we finished. Lots of snow and snowed on us the whole time we we're down there. Water lvls are perfect but poor clarity at the moment. Bite was slow but patience paid off. Caught four, 3 around 15 inches and a nice 20 inch buck. All in all not a bad little trip. Headed home now :)

F
fishfry
Here's some pics from down on the river yesterday. As you can see it was snowy.

• 2011-02-17_17-18-42_100.jpg
  • 2011-02-17_17-10-18_948.jpg
  • 2011-02-17_17-25-37_352.jpg
  • 2011-02-17_17-09-55_350.jpg
  • 2011-02-17_17-19-19_549.jpg
F
fishfry
Oh I forgot to post a pic of that bass I caught that got half eaten before I could get it. I'll throw that up. Think I have it narrowed down to a couple things that could have done such a terrible thing.

F
fishfry
I believe it was one of my nieces ;p Poor little german brown bass :(

T
Throbbit _Shane
lol

thats one bass i woulndt mind eating.

F
fishfry
So question. Is this thread getting to long and repetitive or should I keep updating it?

T
trouteagle
Keep it going! It has its own life now. Let's talk about a web site. I'll be home 3-4 to 3-14. Let's fish!

F
fishfry
Well we hit it up again on Sunday. Water lvl was perfect but the clarity was HORRIBLE. couldn't see more than a few inches in the water. Fished for several hours without a single hit even. Prayed and grovelled before the fish gods and finally got about a 13 inch and one 16 1/2 incher at the end of the day. As always it was beautiful and nice to be out on the river whether the fishing was hot or not.

W
waco
fishfry said:
Well we hit it up again on Sunday. Water lvl was perfect but the clarity was HORRIBLE. couldn't see more than a few inches in the water. Fished for several hours without a single hit even. Prayed and grovelled before the fish gods and finally got about a 13 inch and one 16 1/2 incher at the end of the day. As always it was beautiful and nice to be out on the river whether the fishing was hot or not.
No pics??? :shock: I love this thread keep it going!!!

F
fishfry
Just letting you all know I haven't posted because they are letting to much water out to fish the river. Once it gets back to where I can fish it I WILL! ;p I'm going frickin crazy not being able to fish lol. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :mad:

troutdude
troutdude
Time for you to join our UnOFFicial support group: Addicted Angler's Anonymous!

Thanks for the update. Hope you can hit it soon.

F
fishfry
Well the klamath has been blown out at between 2 and 4 thousand cfs for the last couple months but is slowly dropping. Five more days and the sprague opens :) so look for a new thread on that. I predict the first week or two to be slow due to flooding/high merky water. Hopefully it drops and the fishing should be great.

W
waco
Good to know i always enjoy reading your reports ;) looking forward for your new ones!!!! ;) ;)

troutdude
troutdude
X 2. Best of luck on the Sprague Mr. Fry!

F
fishfry
First day out in a couple months

First day out in a couple months

Well couldn't wait for tomorrow so decided to blow off everything and hit up the lake for a couple hours to get my fix. Only the second time I've ever fished the Klamath Lake and tried a spot I'd been wanting to hit for a while. It was a beautiful day to be out. Was there about 30 minutes and my pole doubled over (was glad I put a rock on it lol). Set the hook and was into a nice bow. Measured in around 28 :) was the day I had been needing. Tomorrow the Sprague opens but it's seriously flooded so I have very low hopes and even fewer elusions of grandure for it. I'll still be out there though just in case ;p I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheFly
T
TTFishon
Nice fish!!!

B
bigsteel
WOW,that is an excellent rainbow

W
waco
That is a really NICE fish!!!! Glad to see you back with your amazing reports!!!! KEEP IT GOING!!

S
skunk
Very nice fish, your so far away I keep thinking you have that whole system to yourself, but I bet theres others fishing there too. Really makes me want to save gas money and get down there someday.