Kids and carp

J
john montana
Clearly, my kids have no predjudice when it comes to fish!
c221483b.jpg
We got out today but the river blew up, so all the shallow flooded fields from a week ago are small ponds now. Not ideal for what I had in mind but the kids were game to give it a shot.
3994ffcb.jpg
We wandered around bit and found a few fish...the biggest issue was the lack of sun. Hard to catch them on the fly when you can't see em. We cast to a lot of dark spot a couple turned out to be fish.
0d7d6100.jpg
All in all a nice outing...but man do we need some sun around here!
a124dda9.jpg
be249fde.jpg

A
alm21
Looks like a great day with the kids. Nice pics and fish!

W
waco
Nice job man!

troutdude
troutdude
Well done John. Those smiles are priceless! The boy almost looks like he has a super hero cape on, in one pic.

bass
bass
Awesome job John! My kids love carp fishing as well. Nothing like having a big fish pulling on their line!

J
john montana
To be fair, i have to hook the fish for them...pretty tough on a fly rod. they do well if i let them use bait and their ultra light spinning rods though. Always fun to see them into fish.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
bass
bass
john montana said:
To be fair, i have to hook the fish for them...pretty tough on a fly rod. they do well if i let them use bait and their ultra light spinning rods though. Always fun to see them into fish.

If you kids were hooking carp on a fly rod by themselves already I would think that they were from another planet :) I still sometimes set the hook for my kids even when we are bait fishing.

Great job with the kids!