Just caught an early winter steelhead on the Clackamas River

B
bigboy70
ok i thought i was bad with the questions and stuff. but hey atleast im not making up stories when i catch one yall will see my ugly mug in the pic

E
eugene1
It's a good feeling to earn it!

I guess this hoax is amusing, but on the other hand it kind of diminishes real fish caught and shared here.

Good luck bigboy and all of you other OR steel chasers, I wonder how the year will unfold for winter steel. The summers kind of sucked, but the fall nooks were epic. I don't know anything about steelhead runs, but I'm gonna guess that the winters will kind of mirror the summer runs and be a little bit on the low side. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Best,

bigboy70 said:
ok i thought i was bad with the questions and stuff. but hey atleast im not making up stories when i catch one yall will see my ugly mug in the pic

S
steelhead_stalkers
Apparently winter steelhead and fall coho returns have something in common. There were lots of coho around this fall so hopefully that translates in epic winter steelhead!

jamisonace
jamisonace
The post by itself is not necessarily a good hoax but all the discussion had me rolling. Personally, I'm glad it was posted.

eugene1 said:
It's a good feeling to earn it!

I guess this hoax is amusing, but on the other hand it kind of diminishes real fish caught and shared here.

Good luck bigboy and all of you other OR steel chasers, I wonder how the year will unfold for winter steel. The summers kind of sucked, but the fall nooks were epic. I don't know anything about steelhead runs, but I'm gonna guess that the winters will kind of mirror the summer runs and be a little bit on the low side. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Best,

O
OnTheDrop
^^ I too have heard that.

Back when I lived in OC I do remember a subpar Coho run and an epic Winter run that followed.. Who knows until the time comes I guess.

1 nut in the water
DYJ said:
My first salmon! I just got it on the McKenzie!!!
Nearly fell off the couch in laughter!!

M
Moe
Got skunked on eagle Creek today but my buddy was able to snap a picture of me trying to wrestle this hatchery antelope stuck in the fish ladder. Don't worry, I put her back since it was too dark to smoke

• IMG_680648465985.jpeg
S
steelheader19
halibuthitman said:
I know that guy, and he isn't you... I heard he flossed that fish with a guitar string on an ugly stick-

I know right!!!

B
bernduffy
Youngfishermen said:
...so I called my friend and we set off he was fishing for carp...

Here's the carp the friend caught, right near the Meldrum Bar...of soap.

Fish in bathtub.jpg

T
troutmasta
halibuthitman said:
I know that guy, and he isn't you... I heard he flossed that fish with a guitar string on an ugly stick-

I saw him spray a can of mace in the water and just watch em float up.

Y
Youngfishermen
yep Thats totally me

T
troutmasta
Youngfishermen said:
yep Thats totally me

My own jest was a reference to HHM-

But you did try to be decieving, and thats definitely not encouraged.

F
flytrekker1007
fish.jpg
I'm laughing out loud, and my girlfriend is looking at my like wtf. By the way, I caught this muskie on the Clack today. It was blistering cold. But I really did fish today, and no I didn't catch anything. I fished McIver for a few hours this morning, nothing. The freezing weather made it difficult to keep the ice off everything.

S
sheed
Nice fish and thanks for the tip. Hopefully I can catch my first steelhead in January.

F
flytrekker1007
Good luck in January, there should be some fish in there. I want to focus my efforts and explore the upper sandy.

J
JeannaJigs
Boy oh boy, I can't believe I missed this thread. I needed a good solid laughsky today.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
JeannaJigs said:
Boy oh boy, I can't believe I missed this thread. I needed a good solid laughsky today.

things did get a little silly...I still like that Eugene1 and I both smelled something fishy and our posts hit at the same exact minute, 12:40pm, but we came at it from totally different directions- I smelled a prank by comparing other Youngfishermen posts at about the same time and Eugene1 was tipped off by the image he had posted.

then, like a good Monty Python skit, it just went off the tracks...