Jig tying

M
mccarrel
With the water low and cold figured it'd be a good time to tie up some jigs for later in the week. Fisherman's had a kit from first bite on sale with brass beads and pins. Thought I'd give them a try.

IMAG0117_zps81281022.jpg

S
steelhead_slayer
Nice jigs. Your next post will have to be a picture of a fish with one of those hanging from its lip

K
Knot Fishing Sober
Nice work! Those look lip rippin! How many jigs does the kit build? How much $ was the kit?

M
mccarrel
kit came with 10 hooks, pins and brass beads for like 8 bucks. Hopefully the steelies like them as well as you guys.

K
Knot Fishing Sober
Sounds like a good deal less than a buck a jig plus the fun of tying them up! Good colors! You scent them up or tip them with bait?

S
SOMCREW
Looks solid. If you got low clear water tye a couple Nightmare patterns up. Have had great success with that pattern in early season with low n clear.
:thumb:

M
mccarrel
A dab of scent on the head for winters, a little piece of sand shrimp for summers.
Knot Fishing Sober said:
Sounds like a good deal less than a buck a jig plus the fun of tying them up! Good colors! You scent them up or tip them with bait?

M
mccarrel
I've fished nightmares a lot but never hooked anything with them. Always had luck with white, pink and purple. Think I'll tie some micros in that pattern and try to reverse the trend.
SOMCREW said:
Looks solid. If you got low clear water tye a couple Nightmare patterns up. Have had great success with that pattern in early season with low n clear.
:thumb:

T
TimberTodd
Good luck with them. I hope to see some fish pics. soon.

S
SteelyDan's
Nice looking jigs. Just started tying my own jigs as well and has been pretty fun. Hoping to slay some with homemade jigs. Good luck with those.