It's getting bad...

T
tomriker
As the title says its getting bad, I need to hit the water... I built a platform in my shop today that's 2 feet tall to simulate a boat... Then put a 5 gallon bucket under a table 20 ft away so I can practice pitching lol so far ive only got it in the bucket a few times but I can always atleast hi the bucket now!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey, let me try a swing from Corvallis!

Hope you get to go out soon.

F
Finneus Polebender
Will be much needed therapy fish or no fish!

T
TTFishon
Bundle up and hit the water.

C
colbypearson
I fished from noon to dark today and caught one about 3lbs on a jig, not big but it took me total 15 or so hours to catch that one fish in the last few trips, the most rewarding thing is catching them in water in the 30's nows the time to really put skills and dedication to the test!

T
tomriker
Ha well I have 4 and ahalf hours tomorrow in goin out, then I have to go to some stupid wedding. Maybe I'll get lucky early!

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
Ha well I have 4 and ahalf hours tomorrow in goin out, then I have to go to some stupid wedding. Maybe I'll get lucky early!

Fish those jigs as slow as you can bear, that's how I was fishing when I was up there last seemed to work so much better than moving the bait.

K
Kevinb5688
Try zero gravity jigs. They look like a normal jig but only sink 1 foot every 3 seconds. Its about the only way i can seem to catch a decent amount of bass in this 30 degree weather

B
Bassdad54
Any luck TR?

Any luck TR?

Did you have any luck in the 4 hours?Did yo make it out?

T
tomriker
we made it out for a few hours, FP was the only one to land one in the 3 or so hours we fished. atleast someone on board caught one :)

B
Bassdad54
Good job..I havent had chance to get out at all this month yet.... although the month not over I may try to get out and get a Dec bass for 2011 before end of the month

C
colbypearson
January is always the toughest for me :/

Too bad I couldn't get a pic of the fish I caught the other day.

Last edited:
B
Bassdad54
Nice bass CP.Since you are down south of Albany area and have fished some of the lakes down there.Our bass club(Mid Valley Bass) will be scheduling for the 2012 season.Any highly recommended lakes that you think are good?We usally have Dorena.C.Grove,Tenmile,Went to Galesville once.

C
colbypearson
Bassdad54 said:
Nice bass CP.Since you are down south of Albany area and have fished some of the lakes down there.Our bass club(Mid Valley Bass) will be scheduling for the 2012 season.Any highly recommended lakes that you think are good?We usally have Dorena.C.Grove,Tenmile,Went to Galesville once.

I live in Medford, Galesville can be a really productive lake not to far south of you guys, Other than that the lakes get pretty small in my area too small for most tournaments Lost Creek can be a good one as well.

H
Hendo30
I agree...I agree... I agree....Its Bad, the withdraws are becoming to much to handle.

K
Kevinb5688
I would recomend triangle lake. Its closer to eugene but i personally know of some 9+ lb fish to come out of there. Its a lake with trout, kokenee, bluegill, crappie, and of course largemouth.
The lake is tough to fish but i have had 25lb 5 fish limits out of it. There are over 100 house boats with docks on them that are key habitat for largemouth. There are two rivers that flow into it.
My personal best 9 lb 5 oz bass came out of there.