Is it legal to launch an Oregon licensed boat into the Columbia River on the Washington side and go fish?

D
DonF
See places on the Washington side of the Columbia River that looklike a good place to launch and fish in the Columbia, just don't know if I can do it!

bass
bass
Yes. I launch my kayak at Stevenson, WA all the time for smallmouth fishing. You can't fish from the WA shore but you can launch there. You just need to make sure you have any required parking passes that the ramp may require. The one caveat is that you can't fish any backwaters/sloughs on the WA side without a WA license. That mostly important for to springtime bass fishing.

Reactions: plumbertom
plumbertom
plumbertom
That's a good question.
As there doesn't seem to be a mutual agreement on Columbia River use, I would suspect the river itself is fishable from bank to bank, from a boat, with an endorsement for Oregon licenses. I would also wonder if that includes tributaries, and how far upstream from the main river, from the Washington side of the river as well.
I suppose the main question you asked would have to be addressed to the Washington fish and game agency, whatever it's called. If you bring fish ashore in Washington, would you have to have a Washington license?
I know where I used to fish along the lower Colorado River on the AZ/CA state line, you needed a special use endorsement to fish the Colorado River from a boat. It also allowed you to fish the opposite bank from the shore of the state you were licensed in, plus some of the adjacent waters.
Of course, you could launch anywhere just for boating, as long as you were not fishing.
But you had to be careful there not to come ashore on any LCRIT reservation land. The crooked reservation game wardens would try and call you to the bank just so they could write you a summons if you didn't have a reservation license. Even though their authority did not include boats fishing the river.

Reactions: DonF
D
DonF
Thank you guy's.

Bank10
Bank10
If you have a boat on a trailer, would you need to buy a Washington license to driver your boat on Washington roads? If you live in Oregon, and have a Washington fishing license do you need to license your boat trailer?

• thumbnail_1647790480171blob.jpg
Diehard
Diehard
60 days

Bank10
Bank10
thanks for the information. who is supposed to keep track of the days spent with a boat in Washington if I am from Oregon? and is it for a straight 60 consecutive days or just the days spent in Washington? and what about the boat trawler does it need to be licensed in Washington?

Thanks Dave.

Reactions: DonF
D
DonF
Great, thanks!

Diehard
Diehard
if you dont plan on fishing more than 60 days in Washington I would not worry about it i doubt there paying much attention to this honestly if you still need more clarification call

Bank10
Bank10
My concern is driving in Washington with a trailer not licensed will I get a ticket from the police. Plus parking the trailer without a license plate from Washington.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Bank10 said:
My concern is driving in Washington with a trailer not licensed will I get a ticket from the police. Plus parking the trailer without a license plate from Washington.
That should be of no more concern than driving any vehicle registered in another state in any state you visit.