Irrigon Oregon hatchery score

L
lizardman
Today I hit the Columbia behind the Irrigon Hatchery and nailed a 27 inch Chinook (no eggs) but I think it was a hen. Lost a darker (starting to turn red) salmon about 30 plus inches long as he got off the hook about 10 feet from the shore.

Saw two jacks caught, and a friend caught a big catfish (about 8 pounds or so) which I filleted, skinned, and put in a pan of salt water to soak overnight.

The take downs were on roe under a bobber and a jig under a bobber.

Tight lines,
Dave

p.s, sorry no pictures as the Salmon is fileted and so is the cat.

M
Mad dog
Congrat's!!! Sounds like fun fishing!

Love's me some deepfried catfish nuggets!

L
lizardman
Went out after 3:00 pm tonight after the groceries were put away with my boys (12 and 2) and watched a couple fish caught. My 12 year old and I each missed a take down on the bobber. Two year old fell in so I had my wife pick him up and get him warm when she got off work. No worries the two year old had a life vest on and was tied to the cooler with about 20 feet of cord so he could roam a little.

Dave

J
JeannaJigs
lizardman said:
Went out after 3:00 pm tonight after the groceries were put away with my boys (12 and 2) and watched a couple fish caught. My 12 year old and I each missed a take down on the bobber. Two year old fell in so I had my wife pick him up and get him warm when she got off work. No worries the two year old had a life vest on and was tied to the cooler with about 20 feet of cord so he could roam a little.

Dave

Glad your kid is okay but LOL at tying him to the cooler with a leash

L
lizardman
He wasn't deep, it is shallow for about 10 feet and then drops off. We are fishing at about 6 feet depth roe under a bobber. The leash was the best idea for keeping him in a relative area to me as he is independant.

Dave