In need of info on Harrisburg fishin holes!

B
B.W.SINNER
i just moved to harrisburg and i was just wondering if anyone is willing to point me in the direction of some good fishin holes anywhere between harrisburg and corvallis? my main focus will be salmon, steelhead, and sturgeon but if u got any info on bass or catfish i would really appreciate it! thanks

M
mosd
B.W.SINNER said:
i just moved to harrisburg and i was just wondering if anyone is willing to point me in the direction of some good fishin holes anywhere between harrisburg and corvallis? my main focus will be salmon, steelhead, and sturgeon but if u got any info on bass or catfish i would really appreciate it! thanks

just below rv park in harrisburg is a good sturgeon hole aka the rv hole. no bank access, all boat. also at cartney boat launch theres a nice hole up river about 100 yards that you prob could get to via climbing through the black berry brush, it always holds fish but is extremely snaggy

B
B.W.SINNER
yeah ive fished cartney a few times with no luck yet and ive been told about the rv hole but i have no access to a boat ive also heard there is a hole near near the mouth of the long tom does any one know if there is any bank access there

troutdude
troutdude
Not sure about the mouth of the Long Tom. However, there are plenty of places north of Monroe to fish that river. Good for Bass, Cats, Crappie and Cutts. Good cats abound along the south side of Fern Ridge Reservoir too--as does night time jig fishing OFF the NE docks for Crappie.

L
luddite
Check out google maps or Earth. There are a bunch of county parks shown along the river, I am sure most must have decent bank access.

M
mosd
there are 2 other spots that i know of that you have fairly descent access to 1) irish bend park, which below the bend down the gravel bar is a fairly descent hole havent fished it but know peeps who have an have done good 2) is bundys bridge on the long tom. the army corp diverted the long tom up river into to seperate waterways for farmland, google map it an you can see.. one section comes out at bundys bridge which the hole is 50' deep but theres a lot of trash in it an the other section is down river behind horning farms. its about 15' deep, ive fished the farm portion an never caught a thing.. but if ya want to fish the RV hole as well as some of the other holes send me a pm an we'll talk some more

C
czoom
luddite said:
Check out google maps or Earth. There are a bunch of county parks shown along the river, I am sure most must have decent bank access.

^^This is your best bet.